GM Wagoner steps down

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by BlueStreek, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Rick Wagoner has been through hell and back with GM. This is not the first time there has been a call for his head. This has been going on for years. The reason GM kept him is he did an exceptional job in all of the markets, except North America. They are profitable every where else because they are not forced to use the imbecilic UAW model for business – with idiotic rules such as give a UAW member full pay for up to a year after they are laid off including full medical and dental.

They have not been too big to fail since the 80s. Their market share in North America has crashed year after year. Wagoner fully understood this. In 2005 he issued a letter I never forgot because he shut a plant where I had many friends. In it he made it clear this was going to continue until a workable business plan was adopted with the UAW. He stated unequivocally in that letter GM would not survive this decade unless progress was made on the critical UAW issues. He never had any hopes he just did his duty to the company to try to get these astronomical employee costs under control in the U.S. GM at this point is nothing more than the UAWs big health care provider. If GM goes bankrupt 10s of thousands of retires will be back on Medicare without a safety net.

#41     Mar 30, 2009
  2. Chrysler is pretty much willing to give up 35% of its stock to obtain the right to build this car in the U.S. (they claim its for all of Fiat's small car technology, but Fiat does not have that many models):

[​IMG]

Talk about putting all of your eggs in the same motorized mailbox.

#42     Mar 30, 2009
  3. I think Obama should get rid of that polluting limo and all those planet destroying SUVs the Secret Service follows him in and get one of these.

Leadership by example.

#43     Mar 30, 2009
  4. Too much in the news..overwhelmed

The unions need to go. parasitic union workers holding America back.

#44     Mar 30, 2009