GM Wagoner steps down

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by BlueStreek, Mar 29, 2009.

1. His comments and those of Vikram Bandit should lead to both of them in jail. Personally I made money on their comments and the ensuing rally but anyone who actually bought their stock and will ride it into the ground based on their comments should be pissed (and should also get their head out of their @ss).

#21     Mar 29, 2009
  2. I am under the impression he was pushed onto his sword.

GM was losing billions before any economoic downturn. They make overpriced, oversized, shitty cars that nobody wants to buy. I am not familiar with any proactive strategy ever implemented by Wagoner. He has been in denial the whole ride down. This company is losing 80 million dollars a day.

In my mind it's criminal to prop this company up. To what end? So they can continue to stockpile cars and pay bloated union costs with taxpayer money?

I think GM is the penultimate symbol of United States greed and laziness and a mascot for the US in it's current condition.

#22     Mar 29, 2009
  3. I agree with you completely. Wagoner was an excellent leader. Its King Obama I'm worried about.

#23     Mar 29, 2009
  4. So the Gov. is gonna run the car the car industry now? Sounds like another train wreck in-the-making. Do you believe that BO
    will abrogate the union contracts like a bankruptcy judge would?
    I seriously doubt' it. Will the appionted reciever make decisions absent from political influence? You know the answer here.
    I predict Ford and GM will become another black hole for the American taxpayer. Tragically though, its is future taxpayers-many unborn at this time-who will pay for this folly-plus interest.
    Lets not kid ouselves here. Democrats will pic the pockets of everyone-including their own great grandchildren-to prop up a devoted political ally-AFL-CIO.

#24     Mar 29, 2009
  5. Every one blames GM Management. But you don’t hear King Obama crying for the heads of the UAW. I saw those lazy UAW workers sit on there bums for years and demand higher and higher pay. I was in those plants and saw it first hand.

I had a masters degree and a UAW electrician was paid 50% more than me. I got no F—kin pension from GM. Those SOBs did. They raped GM and America. It is their greed that is driving King Obama and his cut throats….

#25     Mar 29, 2009
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Government work, probably.

#26     Mar 29, 2009
  7. BSAM

BSAM

What's with all the panic?? Obama's gonna look out for all of us.

I'm excited to think about the upcoming models. Of course, a brand new "BO" will be the top of the line model.

There'll be a medium priced auto for the regular folks. I'm guessing it'll be called the "Regular Joe" (Biden).

There'll be a sporty model, but it will have a really weak engine. It will be marketed toward all the phony people who think they are something that they really are not. They will call this model the "Hillary".

They may let Geithner design one. Of course, it will be called the (tax) "Cheetah".

Of course there will be one marketed toward the gays. This one will only be available in one color: Pink. It will most likey be called the "Fwrankster".

Unfortunately, a new pickup will not be available, since there are so few real men in the Democratic Party who could influence a new design. Ah well, can't have everything, huh?

#27     Mar 29, 2009
  8. TGregg

TGregg

Must be a pretty nice bailout for GM this time around if The Obamassiah is tossing the CEO out on his @$$. Whataya think? 20 B? 25?

#28     Mar 29, 2009
  9. Gov't should have a free hand now to implement the new mileage standards that BO announced last Friday.

I'm sure as Geithner and BO deem more and more companies "unstable" that the big contributors to BO's campaign will magically appear as the "logical choice" to head up these "failed" companies.

#29     Mar 29, 2009
  10. Can you say Amtrack?

Just another line in the budget.

Pop another beer

#30     Mar 29, 2009