GM Opens Largest & Most Advanced Battery Lab In United States

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 9, 2009.

1. It appears that Washington will steer GM into a head on battle with Toyota in the battery powered hybrids and plug-in hybrids segment.

http://community.kbb.com/blogs/gree...ced-Battery-Lab-in-Warren_2C00_-Michigan.aspx

There are also unconfirmed rumors around GM circles that Toyota is very eager to do whatever the U.S. asks of it in assisting GM, now that GM has shed legacy costs and approximately 94% of its debt, and this may even include providing direct technology transfers to GM regarding Toyota's 'Synergy Drive' hybrid system.

2. ..........................................................

Toyota should take advantage and now buy and convert GM ....

BYD is the current battery leader....They should be involved....

3. Mvic

Mvic

Looks like GM may become the US equivalent of airbus.

4. ..........................................................

And watch the IMF incorporate GM fleet sales into their future requirements....

5. i watched the Belmont this past weekend. Saw GM's ads talking about, well, nothing. Advertising no product, but a general commitment to continue doing.... well... whatever it is they are doing right now" And then Toyota's. focussed, clean, relevant, ad targeted to specific fuel efficient cars at a great price.

Made me realize GM is still so screwed and will continue to waste taxpayer money. They just don't get it...

6. I think they finally get it. Do what the government wants in terms of hybrids, CAFE standards, etc., and be rewarded.