GM now says it may not have the cash to finish '08 - do not buy a GM car!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wilburbear, Nov 8, 2008.

1. GM can't fail. I really want to buy one of those new Camaros.

#61     Dec 15, 2008
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I was thinking the same thing!!! I want a new Z28!! The other thing that ticks me off if the fact that the idiots in the house and senate are wanting to stipulate what kind of cars, engines, etc., can be built if they fork over the bail $$$

All I want for Christmas is a new triple black 6speed, Z51, 3LT C6 Vette, and a new Z28!!! Argh!!!

This is the only reason I want GM to survive. Lol! Other than my car wishes, the rest of GM has asked for this with ignorant practices that haven't worked in years. Its like a person smoking, and thinking they have no chance of cancer because they eat healthy.

Btw, I've not seen the new Z28 in black. Do you have a pic you can post? I want these two cars badly!!! When I can afford the C6, I'm going to have a procharger, headers, short throw shifter, 60lb injectors, better heads installed, and yes, bored to a 402 and forged! Grrrr!! Should be fun! The Z28 I want to keep very low miles, and stock (mostly stock. Lol!!)

#62     Dec 15, 2008
  3. that was 2007 sales. in 2008, all automaker sales fell off the proverbial cliff, down between 35-43% depending on the automaker. total sales in the US fell about 37%. gm and chrysler clearly were not prepared for such a bloodbath.

#63     Dec 15, 2008
  4. skips69

skips69

I'm a GM fan with a first generation Camaro that I personally restored over a 5 year period. I nearly grin ear to ear every chance that I get to drive it.

No doubt that the new Camaro is a truly awesome car, but I am really starting to second guess GM's future.

#64     Dec 15, 2008
  5. They might not stop selling for good but I bet if they go bankrupt their sales will lower. People will not want to buy a troubled company’s product same as they do want to buy a healthy one, that’s market reaction at consumer level.

#65     Dec 15, 2008
  6. BadCo

BadCo

This isn't an indictment of unions as a whole. No one denies that unions have made lives better for many, but, this particular union has helped run this particular business into the ground.

#66     Dec 16, 2008