GM Needs Another $17 Billion

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by capmac, Feb 17, 2009.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Ha! Like the financial institutions will pay theirs back? Dream on.

The auto companies are asking for pennies compared to the blatantly irresponsible financials. Why did they stop with Lehman; let the weak ones bite the dust.

Last week GM announced a 15% cut of salaried workers and those remaining took pay cuts of up to 10%. Meanwhile the financial guys bitch that they need their bonuses to get by. Take a look at the Merrill bonus distribution -- enough to make you puke.

Some of you guys have no clue as to how far reaching a bankruptcy of the autos would ripple through. Unemployment would hit at least 12% even if they come out of Chapter 11.

#11     Feb 17, 2009
  2. Two wrongs don't make right.

#12     Feb 17, 2009
  3. Yeah a lot of over paid autoworkers will be out of work or they will be getting our tax dollars.
    My money should go to pay for these peoples retirement and health care?
    Fuck That Shit!!!

#13     Feb 17, 2009
  4. gnome

gnome

How many wrongs does it take? Anybody keeping count?

#14     Feb 17, 2009
  5. TGregg

TGregg

That's our change. Do you work hard for a living, make responsible decisions and do not rely on government handouts? That makes you a rich bastard who doesn't care about poor people and never pays his fair share. That makes you a big target, and they are coming for you, make no mistake.

There was a time when self reliance was a virtue shared by the overwhelming majority of the country. Now it's all about one's self and who cares WTF happens to anybody else or to the country. If you have to be sacrificed so I can have some chicken & dumplings - well too bad. Sucks to be you. If I can join a gang of voters that is big enough, we're gonna rob you blind and blame you the whole time we are doing it. And if it messes up the country, if it leaves a massive burden on future generations, well that's just too damn bad. I want my chicken & dumplings and I'm not paying for it and I don't care how much other people have to pay for it.

It was not very many years ago when I would have thought such an opinion was insane and could hardly be shared by many. Now we have enough people that follow this reasoning that the government has gone stark raving mad and is doling out trillions of dollars. Massive, unheard of wealth redistribution on a cosmic scale - redistributing wealth that they haven't yet seized.

This cannot end well.

#15     Feb 17, 2009
  6. why not give them $150B.......they'll crawl back in few months asking for more money anyways......$14B in November08, $17B in March09, $20B in July09.........story goes on.

#16     Feb 17, 2009
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

GM workers make the same as Toyota, Honda, etc.

It helps to do homework before posting drivel.

Sorry, but on retirement it's funded by GM and the UAW.

If you can come up with something factual please post. LOL.

Wake up -- it's a tough economy. Most in the US kept up with the Jones' and now are paying the price unable to afford a new car.

If you want to take out some anger take it out on the financials -- they're the ones who are mainly responsible for where we are today. A bunch of hot shot Ivy Leaguers, working for firms driven by greed, looking for more ways to make money, using excessive leverage, blew a gasket and then some. GM, F and Chrysler's needs relative to the financial firms is like a beggar asking for pennies on the street.

#17     Feb 17, 2009
  8. clacy

clacy

Don't you see that regardless, of what we give GM, they will end in Chapter 11? It's just a matter of when.

They lost $20 BILLION in 08. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize they are toast.

So, any money we give them, is simply going to go to the Union, which will eventually fold anyway.

Let them restructure, so at least the stand a chance of competing with the foreign autos

#18     Feb 17, 2009
  9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Well, Merrill lost $15 billion just in Q4 ... if GM should go the way of Chapter 11 then I can name a hell of a lot of financial firms who should see Chapter 11 as well. Want more names of financial firms who lost a ton of $$$? Most Wall Street firms would also be toast based on your logic.

#19     Feb 17, 2009
  10. I don't give a shit about your post. Most UAW workers and all UAW union boses are fat stupid overpaid and ugly. That piece of shit company GM and Ford are begging for chapter 7 bankruptcy so efficent succesful companies can pick up the pieces and make a profit. I pray to God that these companies outright liquidate because chapter 11 would be too good them.

#20     Feb 17, 2009