GM Moving All EV Development To China

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 5, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

We should have saved our money and let GM go under.

General Motors agreed in Shanghai today to develop an electric vehicle platform with longtime Chinese partner SAIC. It effectively moves GM's future electric vehicle development to China. Unclear is whether this would also lead to assembly of future EVs for the U.S. market in China.

The deal came as the Chinese government is pushing foreign automakers to give Chinese companies EV technology they lack, according to an Associated Press report. U.S. lawmakers have complained that China is "shaking down" GM to get Volt secrets. Electric vehicle development in the U.S. has been developed with extensive U.S. taxpayer funding.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...hina-electric-car-deal----a-china-shakedown/1

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

And let the democraps/Obama lose a big union voting block? NEVER!

3. Ricter

Ricter

But as Max has pointed out, they have paid back the money with interest. So from an investment perspective alone it was good for us to have done this.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

AND the dems got a union voting block as well Whoo Hoo!

5. They paid the money back, the banks paid the money back...how nice, especially seeing how it's money they never should have received in the first place. I know, I know, the whole country would have imploded had we not bailed their sorry asses out of the mess THEY made. 20/20 hindsight, I think we'd all be better off, or at least content with having lined up every single one of these SOB's and shot them, literally, and let the chips fall where they may.

6. Mvector

Mvector

there is massive outstanding bank and business bailout debt still to federal reserve - over 16 Trillion which is all backed by us taxpayer.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've been saying this for years.

8. Ricter

Ricter

I'd like the guillotine to be used, for tradition's sake. It's interesting to consider that such an action would be confined to the One Percenters, wouldn't it? But, and this was just beginning to be discussed during OWS, not all One Percenters are created equal. So, not all of them would get shorter by a head, but all who would get shortened would be from that group.

9. pspr

pspr

Someone tell Ricter that I recall GM paying back the money with Tarp funds. I don't think they've paid back that money yet.

I have too much work to go do to take the time to look it up. Someone with more time on their hands today can check it out.

10. Ricter

Ricter

Someone tell pspr that he needs to tell Max that. That was Max's defense of GM (and the rest) when I was attacking One Percenters, and their control of government.

Edit: oh, and tell pspr that he's the deaf one, I can hear him just fine.

#10     Jan 5, 2012