GM Loses $4.3B Since Bankruptcy, Needs $12.3B to Fund Its Pension

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MKTrader, Apr 8, 2010.

1. LOL! So you excuse them because they didn't actually rob the bank, they just drove the get away car? Talk about gullible.
    BTW, in today's world financial institutions and the government are mirror images of each other. One hand washing the other.

And I didn't support any of the bailouts either. I'm just saying if you're gonna' bail out one, you gotta' do it for the other.

#11     Apr 8, 2010
  2. 8 hours to "fill up the tank" though. If you forget to charge your car one night, you aint using it the next day. When everyone starts using electric cars, I am going to invest all my money in tow truck companies.

#12     Apr 8, 2010
  3. LOL. ya and dont forget that even a zero emission car isnt really zero because that power has to be generated somewhere so it can get to your car. If it was hydrogen based like the honda FCX http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/how-fcx-works.aspx or solar based, then it would be completely non dependant on outside power sources.

#13     Apr 8, 2010
  4. lol

#14     Apr 8, 2010
  5. Coolio

Coolio

Plus, electricity is free as opposed to gasoline. And coal is never used to generate electricity. </sarcasm>

#15     Apr 8, 2010
  6. We need to start using more solar, wind, tidal wave, and geothermal energy. I hope that one day all cars, trucks, buses, planes, and trains will not have to burn oil or gas, which leads to air pollution.

#17     Apr 9, 2010
  7. MODS! MODS! Who’s the moderator of this forum? This post does not comply with typical ET thinking and must be deleted immediately.

I would have to disagree with one thing. Chevy’s are really great cars. They have more Consumer Digest best buys than any other brand. I believe that every one of their cars gets better MPG than every one of Toyota’s counterpart. Don’t quote me on that though.

#18     May 12, 2010
  8. I have a perverse sense of GM, primarily because I live near a "GM Town" and through the years I saw just how a kind of inbred laziness and middle class elitism (there is such a thing) is bred into illiterate and uneducated $35 an hour employees.

I also have a negative opinion of the GM bailout for another reason.... its my belief that the bailout was <b>engineered</b> in order to set up another series of <b>derivatives</b> trades that will render GM a wreck for the second time, in spite of the fact that GM is doing an excellent job at that as is...

The more money the government throws at this "problem", the more people can take the trade for the 2nd time... its nuts and bolts really.

#19     May 12, 2010
  9. risky63

risky63

this is the beginning of the death of unions.

#20     May 12, 2010