GM: Largest IPO or Largest Scam?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by schizo, Nov 17, 2010.

1. I'm bitter as a citizen. As a trader, I made few bucks on GM. so I'm content.

#41     Nov 18, 2010
  2. jd7419

jd7419

A better observation is he knows his shit. Sadly for every ten gm bulls cnbc only had one viewpoint like this.

#42     Nov 18, 2010
  3. Its pretty sad if anyone here actually believe GM makes money turning a wrench and spot welding pieces of metal....

GMAC then ALLY was where they blew the company up (and the only part of the business that managed to make money the last 10 years). Now a bunch of uneducated, past their prime assembly line workers are going to revitalize the Company with creative capitalism and produce the cars of the future?

#43     Nov 18, 2010
  4. I think we would've been better off now had fed not bailed GM, at least to the point of $50B. Face it, GM had no hope. bankruptcy was inevitable. Worst thing you could do to a gamling addict is to lend him money.

#44     Nov 18, 2010
  5. of course, whatever i say has nothing to do with how it trades in the mkt.

#45     Nov 18, 2010
  6. I think we would've been better off now had fed not bailed GM, at least to the point of $50B. Face it, GM had no hope. bankruptcy was inevitable. Worst thing you could do to a gamling addict is to lend him money.

I agree. Could have sold the profitable divisons and equipment. I have done a few takedowns and cramdowns as well as turn-arounds in my Private Equity career. Parts of GM could have been absorbed.

Next is CALI. Lets see if the Private Bond Offerings interest from private equity dry up. IL, CALI will be the first two states bailed out be the FED, in the history of the US.

Of course, I'm hearing no way the GOV will own a State. Same thing I thought about Gov owning GM and now profiting from taking it under IPO.

Wake the fuck up America.

#46     Nov 18, 2010
  7. Yep, it's a scam, but is it a good trade? Considering how much Uncle Sugar has invested in this puppy, my thought is it goes up from here whatever the circumstances. They've got a whole lot more than money on the line. The messiah can look pretty good come spring/summer of 2012 if this piece of crap is at 53 or so, Treasury dumps it, and the unwashed masses are told they got their money back.

#47     Nov 18, 2010
  8. I agree. Gov't shouldn't be directly involved in any mkt. Now our govt is the biggest owner of AIG and GM. It's a gamble. In order to make this work, our govt HAS to manipulate the mkt. It's messed up. It's probably giving out benefits to major banks behind shut doors to make this work. I'm sure the fed thoroughly assessed the risk/reward factor in this scam, so they'll probably make it work.

#48     Nov 18, 2010
  9. Treasury is reducing its stake in GM through the initial share sale from 61 percent to 37 percent at minimum. It could sell more shares initially to bring down taxpayer exposure to 33 percent, depending on whether an overallotment option is exercised.

Tax payers 61%. So does this mean the TAX PAYER will reap the "Good Trade" rewards. Give me a fucking break. No wonder why the Financial Industry is shrinking. With half the Progressive/ Corporate Scum in my industry, I'm not surprised.

#49     Nov 18, 2010
  10. I wouldn't be surprised to see it issue +10M shares on closing imbalance and print a point lower.

#50     Nov 18, 2010