GM: Largest IPO or Largest Scam?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by schizo, Nov 17, 2010.

1. They first said it woud price in the mid to upper 20's, then due to "increased demand" they priced it at 33. It opened around 35.

Who knows if the earnings projections will justify the stock price. Until then, it's BOTH: the Largest IPO AND the Largest Scam!

#31     Nov 18, 2010
  2. Scam of course.

They'll probably go bankrupt again in 10-15 years.

#32     Nov 18, 2010
  3. I'd say in 3-5 years. We've only bought more time with trillions in backstops. Take those away and we're in for worse times than 2008.

#33     Nov 18, 2010
  4. Bob111

Bob111

#34     Nov 18, 2010
  5. jprad

jprad

From what I understand, Treasury breaks even on their GM "investment" around $50 +/- $5.

Once Treasury sells out it's game over, regardless of the billions in tax write-offs the government gave them.

#35     Nov 18, 2010
  6. Wake up folks.

Of course we the tax payers will not make any profit from this IPO.

The future of America....you either make tons of money, or you do not. There is no more middle class. You may think your middle class but that thought will disapear within a few years as prices across the board rise.

Make that money! You do not want to be earning less than a quarter a year in the near future!

#36     Nov 18, 2010
  7. NKNY

NKNY

Doesn't suprise me as it seems all the news programs are now just the propaganda arm of this government. My motto is, if they are supporting or pushing a viewpoint, it must be bad...lol

Nick

#37     Nov 18, 2010
  8. bottomline is that GM is still the same shithole business that can't sell any cars. It was trading around $0.30 on OTC BB. It got rid of most of its debt and ...............tada! we're a new company. pay $35/share now. WTF

Sad thing is that our shithole govt and major banks are in this together. these banks owe it to the govt for bailing them out in the past. they'll try to pump this piece of shit share up until fed at least breaks even, and whoever tries to short this will get burned or get busted by the FBI. WTF

I don't care if GM has been around for 100 years.....it's nothing but a fucked up scam. It's reputation is tarnished and I hope it never recovers. I'll never ever even put a foot in GM dealership, and I'll stop all my friends and family from doing any business with GM whatsoever.

I hope our fucked up fed breaks even soon, so GM can crash back to 0.

#38     Nov 18, 2010
  9. nickdes

nickdes

From a simple observation, you seem like a bitter person, are you? I sure think so, and I hope it does not affect your trading judgment!

#39     Nov 18, 2010
  10. olias

olias

So you don't buy the argument that GM going out of business would have been bad for the US economy? I think anyone would agree with you that bailouts are not fair, and in an ideal world we wouldn't need to have them. But as it is, I think these bailouts were a NECESSARY EVIL.

#40     Nov 18, 2010