GM: Largest IPO or Largest Scam?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by schizo, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

You mind telling me how to short an ipo?

#11     Nov 17, 2010
  2. kxvid

kxvid

Nothing would make me happier than to see it plunge big right off the gate. Why does everybody think a 10% pop is a foregone conclusion?

#12     Nov 17, 2010
  3. It's funny because the day before that he was on squak on the street and said he rather take the money he'd invest in gm and invest in Ford. Fucking hypocritical liar

#13     Nov 17, 2010
  4. S2007S

S2007S

SCAM, this company is only going public tomorrow because of the TENS of BILLIONS it received from the taxpayers. All new investors are sitting back laughing collecting millions of dollars on tomorrows new issued shares of this bankrupt company. Just think how many people will be walking away with literally risk free money tomorrow on GM.

I have never seen such news coverage on a worthless company going "public" for a second time. cnbc and all other news outlets are going crazy over this company, as if its something new. Hello you dumb fucking idiots this company has traded once before and went bankrupt and of course bailed out by the taxpayer who gets absolutely no shares of gm at its IPO price. Go figure.

#14     Nov 17, 2010
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Exactly, and no one is even protesting this. All the big guys will sit back tomorrow celebrating all their massive gains of risk free returns on this ipo.

#15     Nov 17, 2010
  6. how is it risk free return?

Part I don't get is why all the big boys want to own this........or are they just setting the stage for a massive sell-off tomorrow?

#16     Nov 17, 2010
  7. Let me recap so that I'll have a better understanding regarding this GM IPO. correct me if i'm wrong. GM received 2 lump sum aid from the fed before filing bankruptcy. last time I checked, GM was a OTC BB stock trading around $.30(with mkt cap well below $1B). Now they'll issue this IPO at $33 per share, and they'll repay the govt $13.6B, which is well short of $50B owed. and the govt will still own $15B of GM shares after the IPO. My question is, how does a penny stock become a $33 stock? has GM vastly improved? are they selling cars finally? this sounds like nothing more than a conspiracy to steal more from people.

#17     Nov 17, 2010
  8. Bob111

Bob111

government sponsored scam(madoff x10,all "legal")

#18     Nov 17, 2010
  9. Chevy Voltswagen will turn GM into a competitive plopper.

With the People's Car and its $7500 federal welfare tax credit, everyone wins. You ain't green if you ain't redundantly subsidized.

#19     Nov 17, 2010
  10. Bob111

Bob111

on top of the bailout and tax break.
    so much for free trade,democracy,competitiveness..whatever......

only one thing is missing-government(taxpayer) sponsored program,where all 2-3 years old cars MUST be exchanged to brand new GM cars. those,who refuse-declared and treated as a domestic terrorists....or..terrorizers..

#20     Nov 17, 2010