GM.....Good short here

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by athlonmank8, Oct 7, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I didnt have any patience, but for you to run in now and think its a great short is foolish. Its always after the fact people want to go long or short on a stock. Just like comodities, dot coms and real estate.

#11     Oct 7, 2008
  2. Sheesh I guess I don't know what I'm doing then.

Thanks S2007 for letting me see the light.

Seriously, with that logic then the market shouldn't have fallen 800 points yesterday.

#12     Oct 7, 2008
  3. They claimed just financials, but then other companies like GM, GE, CVS pharmacy, Zales jewelers, etc were added to the list.

#13     Oct 7, 2008
  4. Ahh thanks. Didn't know that

#14     Oct 7, 2008
  5. 7.90 low there it is.

Covered 1/2 @ .72 Lookin for a bit more on the rest

#15     Oct 7, 2008
  6. GM 7.56 close. Down almost 10% from where I posted. THAT's why I do what I do.

You takin notes? What a joke

Holding last puts

#16     Oct 7, 2008
  7. lrm21

lrm21

I got a better tip for you.

Short LEH, AIG, WAMU,

I hear they may be having problems with some bad loans. My Broker told me after Oct 8th he's going to short the hell out of them for me and only charge $120 commission per round trip as a special deal.

Hurry up

#17     Oct 8, 2008
  8. Lol! Well said lrm'! That's why I still read the posts is for guys like you who get it.

I'm always happy when someone makes a profit so making a few cents on GM, great job. But nibbling for scraps when the filet was served long ago..... no thanks.

And really, can you say you're short a stock when all you are is long some puts? I mean c'mon... premiums are nice and fat because of the recent volatility. Is buying premium the right way to go here? The answer to both questions is no. You're long puts, not short stock. You're buying premium when you should be selling it.

Lrm' I'm still laughing. That's a funny post. Hopefully your message gets across.

#18     Oct 8, 2008
  9. cszulc

cszulc

SOLD!

Seriously, I'll sell 'em to ya. (at current mkt price)

#19     Oct 8, 2008
  10. GM @ 5.50 what are you trying to say?

#20     Oct 9, 2008