GM + Ebay is brilliant

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, Aug 10, 2009.

1. There was a time when small trucks from Japan were superior to their American counterparts. The quality gap has closed since they started building the trucks in the U.S.

#21     Aug 11, 2009
  2. I'm not sure what is redneck or hillbilly about a pickup. They have gotten pretty comfy in the last 20 years. I have no use for a little car, other than economical reasons. If it is a compact car and gets excellent gas mileage, that is the only reason to own one. Nor do I need to drive 150 mph in a sports car and get arrested. Cars don't impress me as status symbols either.

#22     Aug 11, 2009
  3. toc

toc

Volt at 230 mpg is just excellent. $40K is little stiff but deduct the $7.5K government rebate and the savings at $80+ per month meaning $1K savings each year (for those who consume $100 worth of gas each month and will pay only 40 cents a day i.e. $12/month to keep Volt running each day).

This makes VOLT a good buy for next 10 years easy.

Technology taken to China and Korea and price tag will drop by 50% easy. Good job GM! :D :cool:

#23     Aug 11, 2009
  4. Except for the monthly trips to the garage, the numerous recalls, and finding a technician that actually knows how to work on them. This is a GM product, isn't it?

#24     Aug 11, 2009
  5. There was a time when small trucks from Japan were superior to their American counterparts. The quality gap has closed since they started building the trucks in the U.S.
    ---------------------------------------------

Funny all my Toyota trucks have been excellent and the 2000 4-runner that I own now has never had a repair.

However, I agree with you on the rest of these post.

#25     Aug 12, 2009
  6. I haven't had good experiences with Japanese trucks. The Tundra I have sitting in the driveway has had numerous repairs and is a PITA to work on.

I would take a F350 any day.:p

#26     Aug 12, 2009
  7. matgallis:I haven't had good experiences with Japanese trucks. The Tundra I have sitting in the driveway has had numerous repairs and is a PITA to work on.

I would take a F350 any day.
    ---------------------------------------------

RELEASE THE EMERGENCY BRAKE BEFORE DRIVING. THEY WORK ALOT BETTER THAT WAY.:D

#27     Aug 12, 2009

8. Exactly, the Tundra has always been a U.S. manufactured vehicle. The predecessors (T-100) were manufactured in both Japan and U.S. and 9 times out of ten I'm sure the Japanese manufactured ones were just better, fewer problems an longer lasting.

Look at some of the old Hondas from the 80s still on the road. Then look at some of the Chevys and Oldsmobiles from the 80s.

Lexus and Toyota Landcruisers are still made in Japan.

#28     Aug 12, 2009
  9. so far this is pretty much a joke. they are not dealing at all. they are just using your bid as a way for the salesman to get a contact. i bid on some new vehicles and not one would drop much from their regular price.

http://gm.ebay.com/

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Tr...rksid=p4506.c0.m282&Exterior%20Color=Gray|Red

#29     Aug 27, 2009
  10. Didn't I say this was a joke to begin with? GM + Ebay = Fail, again.

-troll

#30     Aug 27, 2009