GM + Ebay is brilliant

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, Aug 10, 2009.

1. monk3y

monk3y

I would buy a Ford instead. Since they decided to tough it out.

#11     Aug 10, 2009
  2. a hummer. no way. a hummer is not a work truck. its a status symbol for big city yuppies.

#12     Aug 10, 2009
  3. Not a yuppie. You need to get out of the hills cause it's usually the ghetto rich who buy the hummers along with suburban wanna be tough dads.

#13     Aug 10, 2009
  4. Japs know nothing about making trucks. This is one area where the American companies should continue to control.

#14     Aug 11, 2009
  5. Until you see the reserve at MSRP or close to it. :D

#15     Aug 11, 2009
  6. they said they would use a buy it now with a make offer feature. we will have to see how it works. here is the website. its not functional yet.
    http://gm.ebay.com/ga3/search/gmprogram

#16     Aug 11, 2009
  7. Cesko

Cesko

Ford actually lobbied for GM bailout!? Interesting, isn't it? Machiavelli would be proud.

:D :D

#17     Aug 11, 2009
  8. 11Blade

11Blade

Same words when Datsun and Toyota entered the car market in north america.

These guys can make cars and trucks as well as anybody. They are remarkable at continuously improving their products to the point of competing.

Honda, Nissan and Toyota have eaten into the notoriously loyal truck-buying ranks with excellent offerings like the Nissan Titan, Honda Ridgeline and very successful Toyota Tacoma and Heavy truck lines.

Do not assume GMC and Ford will continue to be dominant in this segment. It's just life. Unfortunately they got fat and stupid and got eaten alive by the agile, lower-cost producing, continuously innovating Japanese and Korean brethren.

#18     Aug 11, 2009
  9. ipatent

ipatent

I'll take my 2002 F-250 diesel crew cab over any Japanese truck.

My guess is that the dollar is going to drop and U.S. carmakers are going to do well in the years to come.

#19     Aug 11, 2009
  10. This is hilariously a bad idea.

Volt is more aligned with what they need to do, cost 40K though? Might as well stay in bankruptcy, too bad they ditched the electric technology 40 years ago when they had an advantage.

9 out of 10 businesses fail, mostly because people running them are stupid. GM = fail. See the electric car video.

-troll

#20     Aug 11, 2009