GM Bailout collapses !!! wow !!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Dec 11, 2008.

1. My faith in American justice will be restored if they get the TARP money. They deserve it just as much as the banks, more so IMO.
    Make no mistake, the UAW did not bring on the current credit crisis. The banks did that. The auto companies "current" situation is collateral damage from that credit crisis. Yes, they have their problems, but to throw them under the bus while saving the banking scum would be beyond irresponsible, it's criminal.
    It's obvious those Southern boys in the Senate still have a fondness for slave labor and I'm sure that they are unhappy that a common worker gets to make a living wage. Too f'n bad.

#41     Dec 12, 2008
  2. good point

#42     Dec 12, 2008
  3. Wow I can't believe Costa Rica is greater than the US. In fact I was in the rainforest, fell & broke my leg. Had to go to the energency room. The care was amazing.

But the best part was the hospital bill :)

#43     Dec 12, 2008
  4. dsq

dsq

i guess you have to shut the fk up...When was the last time your employer added your healthcare and sick pay,vacation pay into your hourly wages?If you do that the mcdonalds workers probably make 50$ an hour...Look who made that baloney chart,heritage.org...related to heritage foundation right wing nut organization by any chance?

#44     Dec 12, 2008
  5. Everyone please pay attention to this post.

It's not just UAW, it's the executive management as well. They are both milking the company dry.

GM, along with Ford and Chrysler should be dismantled, plain and simple. Any proper executive management team would have pushed for that if UAW was unwilling to compromise. Instead they play along, cause they get to milk the company more.

The shareholders are the real suckers here, WTF were they thinking was going to happen.

#45     Dec 12, 2008
  6. 1) Shipping costs

2) Short warranties

3) Complete piece of crap products, as proven by offshored manufacturing & tech.

4) Lack of safety controls

#46     Dec 12, 2008
  7. So you're saying the banks deserve it even a little? I hope not.

Besides, it should be OBVIOUS to you (Mr. Captain Obvious) that the Big 3 Autos will burn through that 15 billion in no time, then be back right where they are now, borderline bankrupt. So why give them money again?

#47     Dec 12, 2008
  8. No, the banks didn't deserve anything but a kick in the ass. My whole argument has been that if CITI can get 20 BILLION deal done over the weekend, the big 3 sure as shit should get 15 billion after what amounts to a waterboarding interrogation by congress.
    Yes, they'll be back for more. There's 700 billion allocated. Milk it until it drys up, or they dry up. They being banks, autos, whoever. Otherwise, let'em all die right now which means taking back all the money given to the banks, which I would fully support. We go down as a country, we go as a team, not as individuals. White collar is no more entitled to make a living than blue collar, and if there's suffering to be done, we all suffer together.

#48     Dec 12, 2008
  9. What do you know?? We don't need the Marxist paleocons in the senate to bailout GM. Just designate $20 billion or just 1/15 of the remaining TARP to cover it. presto! problem fixed.

Dow 9,000 soon and then 12,000.

#49     Dec 12, 2008
  10. GTS

GTS

As an independent contractor who is paid 1099, every day for many years. Zing...

Not even close - did you look at the last column in the chart? Can you grasp that?
    If you have any evidence to refute their numbers (which have source information cited) then provide it - otherwise you're just another internet loudmouth spouting off and refusing to admit when he is wrong.

#50     Dec 12, 2008