GM Bailout collapses !!! wow !!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Dec 11, 2008.

1. achilles28

achilles28

5 Cents in 2 hours on the yen.

Incredible.

#11     Dec 11, 2008
  2. achilles28

achilles28

You beat me to it :)

I'm skeptical too. Could be an easy pay-day for Congress and Wallstreet who're just gaming the drama.

As for creative destruction - man, there's a FLOAT-TILLA of siphoned capital laying dormant, probably in Treasuries. Crazy.

Hopefully the Unions get axed and banished, then for sure, we're gonna see another Great American Car company rise outta this.

If they really let 'em fail, new management is gonna be super proactive to innovate what people want, given their predecessors spectacular blow up.

Good things can and will come from this folks. Exciting times.

Except we're probably gonna go under martial law before that. Ouch.. :p

#12     Dec 11, 2008
  3. The UAW put their foot in their mouth this time:mad:

This time it isn't necessarily going to work out for them...the government is going to call their bluff...no deal, if any, until the new year. Even then, I would be opposed to it under just about any circumstances.

#13     Dec 11, 2008
  4. Bush going to announce a TARP allocation to GM in the morning before the bell?

#14     Dec 11, 2008
  5. An era of electric cars...

Now we need nuclear plants.. Maybe this new energy secretary is the right pick. Much better than some corrupt bribed oil guy (bodman?)

#15     Dec 12, 2008
  6. Does anybody have that post lehman america is doomed feeling again

#16     Dec 12, 2008
  7. Stosh

Stosh

This sort of reminds me of when Reagan fired the striking air traffic controllers in the early '80s. They were replaced and didn't get their jobs back. However, in this case, I expect Bush to give in and tide them over with the tarp until the Democrats get in control, so that the Dems can get "full credit for saving the auto industry in America"......we will see how that works out for them. Stosh

#17     Dec 12, 2008
  8. I don't believe the TARP plan that Congress passed has wording stating that the money could go to auto companies.

#18     Dec 12, 2008
  9. futuman

futuman

Electric cars,yes. Nuclear power, well, think again.

#19     Dec 12, 2008
  10. It absolutely can.

#20     Dec 12, 2008