GlyNAC (Glycine plus N-acetylcysteine) = glutathione precursors

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Slope Trader, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Have been reading about recent studies out of the Baylor College of Medicine on GlyNAC.

One study done with elderly humans saw that supplementing with master antioxidant glutathione precursors glycine and N-acetylcysteine led to increased levels of the antioxidant and many measureable benefits over 24 weeks.

Another study gave the supplements to mice and saw an increase in average lifespan that would be approximately equivalent to shifting the average age of humans from 80 years to 99 years.

I've been taking N-acetylcysteine for a while and have now added glycine to my regimen.

Links:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-03-glynac-multiple-defects-aging-boost.html

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33783984/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35268089/

2. Quotes from the lead investigator in the studies:

"We are very excited by the results," Sekhar said. "After taking GlyNAC for 24 weeks, all these defects in older adults improved and some reversed to the levels found in young adults." The researchers also determined that older adults tolerated GlyNAC well for 24 weeks. The benefits, however, declined after stopping GlyNAC supplementation for 12 weeks.

"I am particularly encouraged by the improvements in cognition and muscle strength," Sekhar said. "Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment (MCI) are serious medical conditions affecting memory in older people and leading to dementia, and there are no effective solutions for these disorders. We are exploring the possibility that GlyNAC could help with these conditions by conducting two pilot randomized clinical trials to test whether GlyNAC supplementation could improve defects linked to cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease and in MCI, and possibly improve cognitive function."

"The overall findings of the current study are highly encouraging," Sekhar said. "They suggest that GlyNAC supplementation could be a simple and viable method to promote and improve healthy aging in older adults. We call this the 'Power of 3' because we believe that it takes the combined benefits of glycine, NAC and glutathione to reach this far reaching and widespread improvement. We also have completed a randomized clinical trial on supplementing GlyNAC vs. placebo in older adults and those results will be forthcoming soon."

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You can buy injectable glutathione online all day. That's way more effective and potent than fiddling around with all the precursors. Once a week shot is all you need.

4. tango29

tango29

Buying online how do you know the company selling or the manufacturer are safe? I was looking for something a couple years ago, but just couldn't talk myself into buying. I spent way too much time trying to verify the manufacturer was reputable, but just couldn't find anything I completely trusted to confirm their business.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The verfication process comes about by using the same mechanism we use on Amazon and pretty much every other commerce site we go to:

User Reviews.

Keep in mind that the entire supplement industry is unregulated, so user reviews are essential.

tango29 likes this.