Glock Pistol Sales Surge in Aftermath of Arizona Shootings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Larson

Larson Guest

Look, Captain, US is going to hell in a handbasket (as you yourself have been pointing out frequently). People become frightened and go out an obtain concealed weapons permits etc.
    for protection. I leave my wife alone at night she loads the clip in her Sig and puts it near the bed. End of story, hoss.

#11     Jan 12, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

You raise a good point here. Are Glock pistol sales surging relative to all manufacturers' pistol sales, or merely surging at the same rate as the others?

#12     Jan 12, 2011
  3. It's a numbers game. With all sorts of awareness rules. Away from home, the bottom line is that bad guys are unlikely to mess with an alert person with the confident demeanor that comes from packing some serious heat. At home, a 12 gauge by the bed greets all comers warmly. When scum stick up suburban women with small children in a Wally's parking lot, it is time for honest people to be fully prepared to take care of themselves.

#13     Jan 12, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're absolutely correct.

#14     Jan 12, 2011
  5. I haven't followed this Arizona story too closely, but I saw a claim in the newspaper today that the shooter had a glock 19 which had a 30 round mag. I find that hard to believe. Can anyone elaborate on that?

#15     Jan 12, 2011
  6. Glock makes a 33 round mag which fits all its 9mm models. But the shooter was a pussy, or he would have bought the Glock 17 with 17 round mag. The Glock 19 has only 15 round capacity. He was smart to buy a Glock though. Probably the world's best 9mm. Got one myself.

#16     Jan 12, 2011
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

They allow the sales of high-capacity magazines, most of the country does.

I hate pistols. I view them as something to buy time to get to my rifle. :D

I plink around on my property with .22 (well, I have a small range with about a dozen targets down in a bowl shaped area where I store alot of railroad ties) with a S&W Model-41 target pistol and hand load subsonics into an old Marlin-39 for killing squirrels. I have to use plastic bullets because I'm in a condor zone.

For bad guys I have a Rem-870 Tactical Magnum. For the end-of-the-world scenarios I have a nice new M1A standard because nothing says hate like .308 :D

#17     Jan 12, 2011
  8. You are blessed to have so much property, and, one assumes, noise tolerant neighbors. Mine are used to hearing me pop rats with a .22 pellet pistol, and only one knows that lately it's really an old single shot rifle with Aguila .22 short subsonics, quiet as a handclap. As to hating pistols, I love them because I can't carry a rifle when I go to the grocery store. Frowned upon, even here. Re shotguns, a Mossberg Marriner leans up against my bedpost. Re .308, I am waiting for Kel-Tec's bullpup to get reliable. And, oh, their new bullpup shotgun! My main motivation in trading is to make more money than my wife does so she won't make me go to work. But a close second is buying all the guns I lust for, and the ammo and range time to use them often.

#18     Jan 12, 2011
  9. It would be much safer now. It was only unsafe before because there were hordes of savage, warlike, violent amerindians running around with weapons too, and people needed to protect themselves from... errr.... wait a minute...

#19     Jan 12, 2011
  10. pspr

pspr

When I got married, the wife told me no pistols or motorcycles. So, I'm stuck with my rifles and shotguns. I'm thinking about getting something super accurate in the sniper rifle category. Maybe a 300 Winchester Mag or one of those super long range sniper rifles in a 50BMG. They would be a blast at the range.

#20     Jan 12, 2011