Globex Time & Sales from CME

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Brutus, Mar 15, 2003.

1. I was out of town and missed another day downloading the CME data.. Friday 8/22/2003. If someone has it could you upload it to the yahoo briefcase account?
    The yahoo account is userid: cmedata password: elite1
    thanks!

#11     Sep 7, 2003
  2. CaroKann, I just uploaded the file.

#12     Sep 7, 2003
  3. I have been downloading the globex t/s since April 02, 2003. If anybody has data prior to that and would be willing to share the files I would truly appreciate that. If anybody needs the data that I have I can share with them also.

#13     Sep 10, 2003
  4. Has anyone else been having trouble downloading these files from the CME website during the last couple weeks? When I try to download one of the files, my browser just hangs for about 15 minutes before the download dialog finally pops up.

#14     Sep 30, 2003
  5. On the contrary, with the recently revamped CME site, the dialog box pops up even quicker now (about a second) as opposed to about 10 seconds previously, so the behavior you describe is indeed strange. A remedy I have used successfully to iron out inexplicable quirks is deleting temporary internet files. Failing that, the CME site may be able to help.

#15     Sep 30, 2003
  6. Are there any programs out there that work with these datafiles? (sort, format, display, make 1-min bars, etc)

I have been collecting them for a while but don't do anything with them yet! I fantasize about writing a program that can download, extract, format to 1-min bars, and store the data automatically. Given my programming abilities, that is likely to remain a fantasy. It hasn't been a total waste though, because I have learned a little about perl.

#16     Sep 30, 2003
  7. I don't know of any existing third party software but many here have written their own code just for that purpose. After downloading gxyymmdd.zip, I run a batch file which extracts gxyymmdd.iom and then arranges it in the tick data format of my choice. This process takes about 5 seconds and involves 2 small Pascal programs (20 and 40 lines of code respectively). I do not format the data to 1-min bars, nor am I familiar with Perl, but if I can be of any assistance, please PM me.

#17     Oct 1, 2003
  8. After you get the files in the format you want, what charting application do you use?

Do you store the data in a text file or a database?

Is their data "clean" or are there crazy trades in the mix?

Thanks!

#18     Oct 1, 2003
  9. I don't use any charting package with the CME data which I store in text files. Rather, I run it through programs that I've written, backtesting the crazy ideas I come up with. The data (unlike myself) is squeaky clean.

#19     Oct 1, 2003
  10. I think you are right, Mr Subliminal. There does seem to be a problem with my computer, firewall, internet provider, etc. I did some testing and it appears that I have problems connecting to anything using the FTP protocol, not just CME's FTP site. Looks like I have a lot of experimenting to do to track down the problem. Thanks.

#20     Oct 2, 2003