Globex news ( see website )

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by SethArb, Sep 10, 2003.

1. GLOBEX® Expands Trading Hours

Effective Monday, September 29, 2003, Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) is extending trading hours on its GLOBEX electronic trading platform.
    The expanded schedule will add 30 minutes a day to interest rate and foreign exchange trading and 45 minutes a day to stock index and weather trading.
    The additional hours are being achieved by 1) reducing the time between the afternoon market close and the start of GLOBEX trading from 30 minutes to 15 minutes, 2) by reducing the nightly shutdown for computer maintenance from one hour to 30 minutes and 3) by moving the daily GLOBEX maintenance period from 10 p.m. to 4 p.m. and combining it with the regular market close of interest rate and foreign exchange products.

2. Tea

Tea

Wonder if IB will change their maintenance downtime?

3. shoot, there goes my 4:15 to 4:45 power nap.

I hope IB does change accordingly, I'm sure they will.

4. damir00

damir00 Guest

i just want to know when CBOT will get with the game and expand the ACE trading hours. will there be anything like the dow mini from the incoming Eurex crew?

5. IB has many other intruments and it does not revolve around Globex traders, so don't be so sure.

In any case, I hope they will finally find a solution to do maintainance without needing to take their platform off-line at all.

TM Trader

6. good point.

i need full trading hours access. IB, Def, if you're listening, this is very important functionality. Are you aware of specific plans to adapt to this change?

7. alanm

alanm

So, if I'm reading this correctly, equity futures will trade (in eastern time):

Sun: 18:30-24:00
    Mon-Thu: 00:00-16:15, 16:30-17:30, 18:00-24:00
    Fri: 00:00-16:15

and FX and interest rate futures will trade:

Sun: 18:30-24:00
    Mon-Thu: 00:00-17:00, 18:00-24:00
    Fri: 00:00-17:00

Currently, IB disables GLOBEX trading at 22:50 because of the 23:00 GLOBEX maintenance time.

Can someone (at IB) confirm that the GLOBEX stop time will be moved to 23:20/23:30 starting on September 29?

8. Do you sleep at all?

9. lol, not really. i have a nasty habit of staring at my positions in the middle of the night for hours.