Globex Market Order 5 minute fill????

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by cclee, Jul 25, 2002.

1. corvus

corvus

-6.5 points for me. I was scalping and doing pretty well, and the irony of ironies is that I was getting sick of it so I was just about to reverse my position and enter a short with a longer timeframe target. Had I done so...

It kind of looks like it just went down again at 12:32 or so! Hmmmm. Volume doesn't look that unusual either. Maybe I should just take the day off...

#11     Jul 25, 2002
  2. corvus

corvus

Just saw this on InPlay...

#12     Jul 25, 2002
  3. JPB

JPB

Got me for 3 ES points. Had a OCA limit order to take profits and a stop loss. Traded through my profit target, reversed, and traded through my stop loss by 1.25 points before it finally triggered.

#13     Jul 25, 2002
  4. CME is just about to introduce new Globex software (iLink, Eagle) throughout Jul, Aug, Sep 2002. Expect the unexpected.

#14     Jul 25, 2002
  5. pjslim

pjslim

Order placed with IB, and was LONG for a quick scalp, it blew through my stop/limit and got me for 6 points as I could only exit 5 minutes later. Re-submitted orders, created market orders, restarted TWS. But to no avail.

What a horrible feeling, watching it tank, not being able to do anything. Ugh.

#15     Jul 25, 2002
  6. PKJR

PKJR

i had the same problem today - was this problem only IB related how about Jtrader?

#16     Jul 25, 2002
  7. ddefina

ddefina

Also had Qcharts go out for 5 minutes later in the day, so bailed on a would be good short. Total of 10 ES points lost due to technical difficulties. Finally got above water for 5 points and quit for day. It was a tough day for me anyway, with several stops blown and then reversed.

#17     Jul 25, 2002
  8. Banjo

Banjo

"CME is just about to introduce new Globex software (iLink, Eagle) throughout Jul, Aug, Sep 2002. Expect the unexpected."

Do I have this right? I could see the globex prices change ( on TWS) so that means that the part of globex that was not functioning was the order input. If I had placed a stop loss order when I placed my original order it would have then been native on globex and been filled as I watched prices fall. Is this correct?

#18     Jul 25, 2002
  9. corvus

corvus

I don't think IB has native GLOBEX stops yet...they said they are working on them alst time I checked, so that means no, your stop wouldn't have been executed if IB couldn't connect to GLOBEX.

#19     Jul 25, 2002
  10. "Order placed with IB, and was LONG for a quick scalp, it blew through my stop/limit and got me for 6 points "

stop limits rarely get you out on a tank.it will blow right past you.its not ibs fault.

#20     Jul 25, 2002