Globex Market Order 5 minute fill????

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by cclee, Jul 25, 2002.

1. cclee

cclee

Hi there,
    Experimenting trading NQ on IB still...

Today, as a trade hit my mental stop, I placed an order to Sell at Market...and my trade went through 5 minutes and 6 points against me later!!

Are these occurrences normal? What can I do about it? I thought market orders are pretty fast getting out positions. Not sure if this is an IB or Globex issue.

Just a bit frustrated and freaked out.

Any thoughts appreciated.

2. Just got a bulletin from IB. Between 10:48-10:55 Globex experienced problems that resulted in slow order response. It is now fixed.

3. corvus

corvus

Did this punish anyone else? I lost several hundred in that 5 min as the NQs dropped precipitously.

I suppose too, because it was a "GLOBEX system failure", neither trailing stops or a backup broker would have helped.

I think I need a nap now.

4. cclee

cclee

Does this happen often with Globex?
    And of course there's nothing I can do about it, right? ;)

5. Nothing can be done about it. It doesn't happen very often, though. Globex is a very stable system -- at least, it has been :)

6. cclee

cclee

What's your worst loss on a Globex outage?
    I "only" lost 6 points, but I was pulling my hair out.

And is this an IB problem, or general Globex problem? Obviously the market was moving during that period, so I would guess it's an IB one?

7. Banjo

Banjo

Nailed me for $1,400 this a.m. Bastids. I also used up two trading days worth of Depends, now Im short for tommorrow.

8. cclee

cclee

Hey Banjo,
    Has this happened to you before?
    How long have you been trading E-Mini?

This is only my 4th day of experimenting with NQ, and I almost reached for the Depends too. :)

9. ddefina

ddefina

I lost 5 ES points. The outages always occur before a big counter move :) Globex doesn't go down that often in my limited experience.

10. I've been trading on Globex for 1 year, and have had this happen twice. My biggest loss was $500 on 1 contract when I couldn't exit the position. The trade I was in this morning was a swing position, and I didn't get an exit signal until after Globex was back in gear. I got lucky this time.

#10     Jul 25, 2002