Globex limit book

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by vikana, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Is there some way to get access to the Globex Limit book?

I use eSignal and haven't found anything but T&S. Maybe it requires a globex terminal?

Thanks in advance !

2. IB has at least a limited order book with depth about 4 or 5 levels

Hope this helps

3. Bsulli

Bsulli

The data vendor has to be willing to support it on their datafeed to you and your willingness to pay the 30 dollar CME fee to get the depth of market you're after. I have it thru Townsend's RealTick platform.

Bsulli

4. Thank you very much for all the good info. I do use IB's market depth, it just updates fairly slowly (or so it seems at least). Now that I know it's available, I'll know what questions to ask.

thanks again!

5. Bsulli

Bsulli

6. vikana

If you use J-Trader you get the depth of market streaming in real-time, 5 deep at the CME and 10 deep at the CBOT.

Craig

7. nqtrader

nqtrader

Globex book to 5 price levels on each side are availble on various realtime platforms such as Pats, GL Trade, TT, IB and Realtick.

You used to get more than 5 levels deep on Globex terminals but now you only see 5 levels deep on Globex terminals as well.

8. Beyond the first or second price levels the market depth is meaningless because most traders are capable of very quickly getting an order in.

Sometimes you see someone with a limit order of like 1,000 contracts 5 prices levels out. I wonder what such people are trying to do? Its basically meaningless. The market is so deep that these level 2 games don't work.

I don't think market depth is going to tell you anything. Traders can pull their bids instantly or create an order just as fast.

9. I agree with that. After testing a bit more, I'm happy with the 5 levels IB provides. It seems like enough info and actually updates fast enough for my style