Globex halted???

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by abishiai, May 1, 2003.

1. What's going on?

I just got a notification via TradeStation that Globex is halted.

Anyone know?

kp

2. Banjo

Banjo

Halted 11:40 cst, tek issues.

3. This just once again confirms to me how totally inept the so called financial news channels are. I just scanned 4 and nobody has a clue anything is going on with GLOBEX. They're just in the regular news spin cycle. Someone should come out with a "Trader's News Network" where they actually give economic reports on time and report stuff like this that traders care about rather than their regular crap.

4. And one other bit of rant, this just confirms to me the uneven playing field of the at home electronic trader. The pit has the advantage. The CME should halt the pit and get the NYSE to halt trading if they cared about the little guy. Better yet, go all electronic and halt the exchanges together instead of this crap.

5. I'm just glad I wasn't in a position, and I guess it' just too bad for anyone who was!

I never watch the news anymore while trading. It's just too distracting and utterly worthless. Thanks for the info.

kp

6. Yeah, this totally sucks. I can't believe that the ES is halted. I wanted to fire off some trades in here and I can't.

7. shyhh

shyhh

Updates from IB,

At 11:18 EST, Globex experienced a large-scale network failure.
    Trading is currently halted on Globex for all products and we are
    awaiting a pre-open state.

More details will be posted when Globex announces the pre-open time.

8. Anyone know what thier network looks like? Can't they afford the best? What a disaster, somebody better get fired for this.

9. saxon

saxon

Maybe they need to experience a large-scale class action lawsuit.

10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Now the pit data is not updating either. Technical issues.

Brandon

#10     May 1, 2003