globex futures

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rs7, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Checkmate

Checkmate

seems merk news is a non event.
    WSJ
    "regulators don't appear to have any problems with the way the revenue is handled. Merck says that the numbers conform to GAAP principles"
    as far as buyers and sellers
    shares sold=shares bought
    buyers<=>sellers

#11     Jul 8, 2002
  2. def

def Sponsor

checkmate,
    If I am not mistaken, cdntrader was joking and pulling my leg. I'm not so sure about your comment since you've got a new acronym and I don't know you.

Thus I'll clarify:

What I mean by more buyers than sellers is that when the press call and want to quote me in my capacity as a director of one of the larger trading firms in the region, I don't want to tell them squat.

#12     Jul 8, 2002
  3. Funster

Funster

Def

I have just been touring SE Asia and came back from HK a few weeks ago.

Cor! The price you guys pay for a beer ranks up there with Sweden (let alone property prices!) - I hope the low income tax makes up for it!

The US navy were in town when I was there. There were chalk signs outside of certain establishments in Wan Chai along the lines of "Susy Wong welcomes all US naval personnel!". Which I thought was highly amusing!

Then there are those great female fashion outlets, Wanko...

Amazing city though - great views from Route 66 at the top of the Hopewell Centre.

#13     Jul 8, 2002
  4. I always thought the # buyers = #sellers.

Try more askers than bidders.;) [/B][/QUOTE]

..lol...try this one: if the need of the sellers to sell is greater than the need of the buyer to buy...that drives prices down....and vice versa

:) trading

#14     Jul 8, 2002
  5. JayS

JayS