Globex 10 Year Note vs Eurex Bund...which is better to daytrade and why?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by increasenow, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Globex 10 Year Note vs Eurex Bund...which is better to daytrade and why?...lets hear it please...thanks...

2. buylo

buylo

For the past 9 years I have successfully traded every fixed income product from Germany and the US. I started out in the Schatz and moved to the Bund. For the past 3.5 years I have concentrated mainly on the US 10 year, moving away from the Bund. It seems the 10 year trade is a bit more readable then the Bund.

We used to have way more Bund traders in our shop, but over the years, it seems the US 10 year has become the more favored trade. Plus being in the US (if thats where you are) you are surrounded by the economy and other direct influences that the 10 year future will follow, as far as a daytrade is concerned.

My $.02.

3. ycomp

ycomp

anyone prefer the bund over the 10yr? If so, why?

4. morreo

morreo

lol, maybe this sounds stupid, but how the hell does anybody trade the bund? That is flat out nuts. Plus the note trades until 4 P.M. and the Bund trades till like 2 or something (and within 3 hours of the close it's dead). I'm more of a two year future trader though. I've been making a killing just going long, ha.

but yeah, I would definitely trade the note because of the hours and it's not as choppy which makes it easier to trade.