GlobalFinancier's Picks

Discussion in 'Journals' started by GlobalFinancier, Dec 9, 2005.

1. EUR/USD bullish. H&S on dailies. More gains for gold ahead.

#21     Jan 7, 2006
  2. Thank you for your opinion. I appreciate all feedback.
    Well, I figured the corn wheat lumber etc had a double bottom reversal and other good factors supporting it.
    I only go long something when there's a rationale behind it. Why did I like gold at $500? Because 500 is psychological support. In other words, I base my trades on something that makes sense, and that has returned well in the past. I didn't make similar buy/sells on silver or platnium, because platnium broke $1000, and I regard that as bearish. $1000 will be tough resistance for it.(It does seem to be in a strong uptrend now)
    I tend to pick stocks that are not heavily publicized. I don't trade hot stocks. I mean, these stocks can fall 20 30 or 50 points in a day when they are out of favor. Why buy hot stocks when there's easier money? I like to buy into sectors that have good charts, or have good correlations. For example, I was bullish on oil, so I found oil stocks(CFK BPT etc). Bullish on semiconductors so I found DIOD. Bearish on USD so I found CAT. All of these stocks had a pattern that I could trade on, and some underlying factor supporting it. Nasdaq rallying made me buy RIMM(which I felt was set for a rally.) JLL was a pure speculative trade, based on the good fundamentals the company had, and the base after base pattern. I felt bullish on agricultural commodities, so I bought DEL BG and CENT(DEL in lumber, BG and CENT in agricultural chemicals, correlation with agricultural commodities.)
    I hope this answers some of your questions. I'm a CANSLIM speculator with a tinge of cyclical investing in my system. I also watch sentiment carefully, and am heavily based on technical analysis.

#22     Jan 7, 2006
  3. SPECULATIVE long of GM.
    VERY SPECULATIVE.

#23     Jan 9, 2006
  4. So far so good, entered near the open price of 21.72. Somewhere around that.
    DJIA broke 11000. Break of psychological resistance is bullish.
    The bull rampages on.
    Oil fell to $63.45... We'll see what happens today.
    Gold made new highs. Bullish.

#24     Jan 10, 2006
  5. TOL and DHI seem good. They're in housing/construction.
    EQY as well. DJ REIT index making new highs. Should've could've would've posted my picks, but for some reason, I sat there sucking my thumbs. Oh well, they're still bullish.
    I like AMTD. It's breaking into new highs and the market is bullish. The move above 11000 for the DJIA makes it extremely bullish. It's fundamentals are almost imcomparably in the industry(except for OXPS maybe..)
    Sold all my stocks in Shanghai a day ago, the indices are at resistance and I don't like it. Getting much more conservative with real money :D.

#25     Jan 10, 2006
  6. danae

danae

<<<

I came across this forum by accident and I find your analysis pretty interesting. Do you have an opinion on coal stocks? ACI, FDG, MEE, BTU... Thanks and best to you

Danae from NYC

#26     Jan 11, 2006
  7. I'm not really sure about coal as I can't find a chart on coal.
    http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$SCP,uu[w,a]daclniay[dd][pb22!b65!f][vc60][iut!Ul14!La12,26,9]&pref=G
    and http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$DJUSCL,uu[w,a]daclniay[dd][pb22!b65!f][vc60][iut!Ul14!La12,26,9]&pref=G
    Seem to indicate that we'll see further gains in coal stocks.
    Some of the stocks you mentioned are breaking of bases, but I don't know if they'll contnue to go up. Just set a stop and don't fall in love with the stock ;).
    Keep in mind that I'm not right all of the time(SUNW dropped as you see :p) so nothing can substitute your own thinking.
    I'm actually often wrong but some of my bigger "bets" get more of my money so I'm still profitable.

#27     Jan 11, 2006
  8. HMY Closed at 14.25
    KRY Closed at 2.6
    DROOY Closed at 1.75
    FNX Closed at 12.47
    OZN Closed at 1.98
    GOLD Closed at 17.45
    TGB Closed at 1.39
    All relatively cheap ones breaking of a base(or forming one). Bullish on gold so they're expected to gain. Unwilling to buy NEM etc because they don't really have a good buy point.
    Warning:Risky and speculative and not for everyone. This is not a recommendation to buy with real $. And no, I don't own any shares of the above mentioned stocks with real $.

#28     Jan 11, 2006
  9. #29     Jan 11, 2006
  10. danae

danae

Nobody is right all the time, not to worry. I have a few bets on energy, so far so good. I want to add some coal to the mix, we'll see, maybe lower. Thanks for the reply

D

#30     Jan 11, 2006