Global Warming ...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FeenixRizin, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Agreed. He found out that every backyard amateur meteorologist on planet Earth had been recording their daily thermometer readings UPSIDE DOWN, for decades!!

#11     Oct 3, 2009
  2. A forest that doesn't burn is not a forest: it is a tree farm. A stand of loblolly pines does not constitute a 'forest'.

I've been flying from Nashville, TN to Charleston, SC since 1972 on a regular basis and I have personally witnessed the almost complete destruction of healthy, diversified hardwood forest in the name of 'private forests': it is not a pretty picture. Is it being a 'crank' to demand that those who cut our State and Federally owned forests replace EXACTLY what they cut ?!?!

Be that as it may, you are, or at least you sound 'young', and you will have your own stories of environmental decline to post in the next 20-30 years. The 'young' at that time won't listen to you either. It's YOUR world we are trying to protect.

#12     Oct 3, 2009
  3. Mnphats

Mnphats

How very scientific of you to witness the destruction of health diversified hardwood forest out the window of an airplane. This is exactly the caliber of science coming out of global warming gurus. How do you know how diversified it was out the window? Would you even know what diversified is? Or how diversified to should be? I also hoped you planted some trees to off set your carbon footprint with all the miles you log (pardon the pun). To answer your question loggers have to plant twice the number of trees they cut down.

I also love that the leftist are the only ones that can claim they are for the environment. Think about it for one second how idiotic that sounds. Who in their right mind would not be for a cleaner environment? But shoving down wind power and solar power down our collective throats is ridiculous. I'd be the first to have both, but both are not economically feasible at this point. The weather man can't get tomorrows weather right but I am supposed to believe they can get the weather right for 1000's of years. Pardon me if i am a tad skeptical, but I will wait for hard evidence before I go all Al Gore.

#13     Oct 3, 2009
  4. Trust me: you can tell. You'll have to make the flights for yourself; or not. The 'hard evidence' is there also.

Loggers have NOT had to replant what they cut: only the same number of trees, not the same kind of trees.

Economically feasible? Add a $1.00 tax per gallon of fossil fuel to account for the social costs and solar power power comes very close. Also, it would cost you far less to shit in your yard than it would to put in a septic tank or, even more costly, maintain county/city sewer services. Would you shit in your yard because it is less costly? Your 'savings' today is somebody else's cost tomorrow.

BTW, the 'weather-person' today is VERY accurate even to the point of measuring cloud height, lightening strikes, and 5 minute prognosis of storm progress. Methinks you complain too much about too much info.

#14     Oct 3, 2009
  5. Mnphats

Mnphats

Its truly amazing that you think you can actually see diversity or lack there of from an airplane window. I am fairly certain you wouldn't know what flora diversity is if you looking at on the ground, but good luck with that.

It is two to one on planting trees but you are right as not the same species. Yes economically feasible. It takes like fifteen years to pay off solar and wind for household use so why on earth are we mandating this 10 to 20 percent of our energy come from these sources? It will do nothing but drive up the costs of energy and really hurt "low income" people. Yes economically feasible, to choose the least cost of energy until solar/wind can actually compete with the sources we have currently. What is with a fricking tax to fix anything and everything with the left?

Shit in the yard, wtf are you talking about? And yes I would shit in the yard if I had to, people have done it for 1000's of years.

I noticed you used weather person. How very politically correct you are. They are not VERY accurate. Me thinks you need to stop watching Al Gore movies and living in la la land and start living in the real world.

#15     Oct 3, 2009
  6. What happened to all those hurricanes we were suppose to have? Wasn't Katrina the precursor to hurricane season exploding in to a succession of bigger and stronger hurricanes, year after year. Let's see, the 06 season has come and gone, as has 07, 08 and 09 without a single storm of any significance. Once again the hysterical rants of the left are shown to be just that, hysterical rants.
    We can be sure of two things. At some point in the future a big ass hurricane is coming our way, and when it does the radical left will act as if Katrina happened the week before.

#16     Oct 4, 2009
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Why can we be sure? According to some here we are in a period of global cooling. Are any environmentalists saying that THIS coming hurricane season WILL have the biggest storms ever?

Maybe it's like the stock market? Long term, it's up. But there are periods of decline. What will it do this year?

#17     Oct 4, 2009