Global Warming Science Is Bunk

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 24, 2013.

1. The debate on active /passive investing is essentially over in academia as well.
    The only debate is among professional managers and the mostly deluded.

However investors don't gravitate to one camp or the other, highly correlated with their political ideology.

How do you explain that I probably know your belief (I estimate with 92% accuracy) in "agw" based solely on information about your political ideology.

#21     Jan 24, 2013
  2. I asked you a direct question, which you think you deftly avoided...WRONG.
    you went off in a tirade against a strawman argument

I asked you how do you explain the extremely high correlation between political ideology and belief in "AGW".

#22     Jan 24, 2013
  3. the question is, if we humans are affecting the climate in an adverse way, what should we do about it?

what's adverse for you may not be adverse for me

#23     Jan 24, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

Well, might want to wish that we really were affecting the climate so we could mitigate the mini-ice age that is likely headed our way this century. A mini-ice age will cause hundreds of millions to starve to death.

#24     Jan 24, 2013
  5. That's a good point. However, the correlation is probably much much stronger between those who see AGW as a hoax and those who identify as Libertarian and hard right on the policy spectrum. Like you. There are plenty of people who don't identify as Liberals yet accept and even embrace the AGW proposition. And there are pepole who find the hard right odious but feel that
    AGW is not settled science, that climate science is incredibly
    complex and that it is not completely clear what is extent of CO2 forcings in the earth's climate.

You thesis that a strong correlation between political ideology and belief in AGW is self evident proof that belief in AGW is not based on science is ipso fact a thesis that denial or rejection of AGW theory is not based on science. To take your argument further, no one embracing ANY political ideology can reliably assess any scientific theory as one's lens is invariably colored and corrupted by one's political beliefs.

But forget PT. You're right and the whole world is wrong.

:D

#25     Jan 24, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well, we are overpopulated.

#26     Jan 24, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

Just so long as we are overpopulated with OTHER people. Not me or thee.

#27     Jan 24, 2013
  8. Any scientific theory almost exclusively accepted by 1 political ideology and denied by another, probably isn't good science.

#28     Jan 24, 2013
  9. the earth has more than enough resources to support everyone, and all their children and grandchildren with a very comfortable life

there is no shortage of resources

there is however a shortage of children

#29     Jan 24, 2013
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bull Shit

#30     Jan 24, 2013