Global warming proven a Scam today.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 24, 2009.

1. The ice is melting, no doubt. Why is the 64 dollar question, and what if anything can we do about it? Frankly, I'd be more concerned if it wasn't melting. Let's just say for the sake of arguement that we will experience a significant climate change over the next couple of centuries. I would argue that a warmer climate is much more manageable than a colder climate.
    Either way, I have serious doubts that man has played, or will play any significant role on either side of the coin. We live on an ever evolving planet and whether we're here or not the climate of this planet will change, and change dramatically. It was changing long before we arrived on the scene and it will be changing long after we're gone.
    Do I like cleaner air and water? Sure I do! Do I think industry should have some responsibilites to keep the air and water as clean as possible? Damn right! But telling me we're on the brink of diaster because some ice is melting...you lose me with that kind of hysteria.

#41     Nov 25, 2009
  2. Actually genius, the whole point of this discussion is a bunch of "scientist" manipulated data to try to reach a conclusion that GW was strictly caused by human behavior.

The whole MMGW crew may very well have redefined the term "political science".

#42     Nov 25, 2009
  3. Ricter

Ricter

It's been a battle, though fun, and now on page two of pelit's thread we're all starting to get on the same page.

Now we can start to talk about claims like "strictly" (above), primary factors in atmospheric warming, etc.

By the way, I really like the acronym you're using there.

#43     Nov 25, 2009