Global warming proven a Scam today.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Nothing new here. It was a few years ago that a temperature study by NASA scientists was found to be a fraud. Other scientists did the same study and showed the that the NASA chimps had either falsified their data or made some basic mistakes in calculations. Crazy Al "the sky is falling" Gore's book was shown to be fraud in various parts, but again that story was washed to the side also.
    I don't have a problem changing my point of view on subjects, but at least don't make a big money problem, show me real facts, and don't fudge, ie lie, about the data.
    How to Lie With Statistics, one of my favorite books we went through in my stats course. Very short simple book, but the teacher expanded on it and it was unreal the crap marketers, scientists, politicians do in the name of money instead of morals and ethics.

#21     Nov 25, 2009
  2. Ricter

Ricter

This "scam" has been debunked already.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2009/11/the-cru-hack-context/

If you want to see how out of context "cherry picking" works, allow me to pick a few words from your replies and string them together so that they appear to mean something completely different.

Meanwhile, I believe I'll head out and enjoy a warm, winter day here in the continental interior of Canada, at the end of November, in which there's a chance of rain forecast.

#22     Nov 25, 2009
  3. Debunked?

I think you mean to say you continue to be fooled.

#23     Nov 25, 2009
  4. Ricter

Ricter

No, I mean your ilk is grasping, desperately, at straws. One wonders why, because if you were a member of the upper quintile, like the CEOs and owners of big oil, who benefit the most from denial, you wouldn't be here.

#24     Nov 25, 2009
  5. Come on. Anyone with any common sense can see what's going.

The only ones grasping are those who refuse to believe they've been duped.

It's like a bunch of 7 year olds just finding out Santa Claus isn't real....wahaaat!?

#25     Nov 25, 2009
  6. Ricter

Ricter

If anyone can see what's going on, then you can see that the world's ice is melting.

#26     Nov 25, 2009
  7. Perhaps it is. The climate has always changed over time. That isn't what is in dispute here.

It's the fraud being perpetrated that man is causing the warming so the fraudsters can keep syphoning endless amounts of tax payer dollars.

Why do you think Albert Goreacle refused to ever debate or take questions...hmmmm. Anyone with a working bullshit meter knew long ago why he wouldn't.

#27     Nov 25, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Liberals by definition don't have BS meters, they're more into BS production.

#28     Nov 25, 2009
  9. Ricter

Ricter

I appreciate the clarification. 9 of 10 threads on this topic here seem to argue that global warming is not even occuring.

I have never listened to Gore. I have not read his book, I have not seen his movie, or so much as a youtube clip. I recognize that he is a popularizer. Carl Sagan was also a popularizer, but it was not that long after Cosmos aired that the science behind it was getting dated. I have no reason not to think that Gore's message may also be getting dated, in light of new observations, experiments, and conclusions.

#29     Nov 25, 2009
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Yak yak yak, and the same can be said of conservatives. This really advances the discussion, doesn't it?

#30     Nov 25, 2009