Global warming proven a Scam today.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 24, 2009.

1. I have always suspected this was the case. If they come out and say "The Earth is going to do its thing and there is nothing we can do about it", then all the funding dries up. If they can perpetrate an impending diaster then the gravy trains keeps on running.

#11     Nov 24, 2009
  2. Kind of like swine flu. Even though less people have died from it since its EXISTANCE vs. regular flu which kills more people in 1 month that swine flu ever has.

#12     Nov 24, 2009
  3. +1

I have been very vocal about my belief that swine flu was a scam. As soon as I saw the CDC telling hospitals not to report deaths from swine flu I knew the fix was in. Why have an actual count of swine flu deaths when you can just estimate the deaths and fudge the numbers in any manner you want?

#13     Nov 24, 2009
  4. We had an elementary school child die from swine flu, the media reported "underlying causes" but would not say what the undelying cause was citing privacy reasons.

The gov't doesn't want to overwhelm hospital resources, deal with school/business closings or confirm swine flu, they want to sell back to school vaccine. Thanks goodness the panic is over just in time for black friday.

I figured it was a scam as soon we assigned a politcally correct "number" to the swine flu.

#14     Nov 24, 2009
  5. dsq

dsq

Yes,no peer reviewed study has disproved global warming.But a high school dropout,toothless smurf in some backwater like yourself carries a lot of clout when you label it as junk science.

#15     Nov 24, 2009
  6. There is no substantive evidence to support that accusation.

You have two separate questions here. First, they do not ignore their findings. They have reviewed their findings and consider them to be wrong. It is that simple.

Bullying? Less than complementary comments are often made about peers in just about any profession. And not infrequently those comments are richly deserved. Why should science be any different? I'm sure the skeptics are big boys (and in some cases have big egos) and can stand up for themselves.

That is just nonsense. Many climate researchers are very highly qualified physicists and expert in time series and statistical analysis. If they were really driven by financial gain, they wouldn't be teaching and researching in universities or working for government agencies. They would be working as quants in finance and hedge funds, who have traditionally sought out just those sort of skills.

In any case, climate research is published and peer reviewed. It is just not possible in such a peer reviewed environment to maintain a scam based gravy train over a period of decades. We are not talking a couple of research papers where poor quality review has allowed junk science to escape into the wild. We are talking hundreds and by now probably thousands of research papers.

Attached are the results of an opinion survey showing scientists (and the general public's) response to the question "Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?" Again the figures speak for themselves, and the affirmative answer is absolutely overwhelming among climate scientists.

Source: http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus.htm

Original Paper: http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf

#16     Nov 24, 2009
  7. Yes there is. The emails clearly show they tried to manipulate data and cover it up. This is not the first time they have been caught doing it. Look up Michael Mann and his now debunk "hockey stick graph". Why don't you do yourself a favor and do a little research on NASA's James Hansen?

#17     Nov 25, 2009
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Scientists can pull off the biggest snow jobs of all time... people believe them, believe that they are concerned with the common good, etc... they all live on public funding though, don't they now...

I don't grovel at their feet, there are holes in every theory they have big enough to drive trucks through but they just keep on... Einstein and that crowd ignored the electrical nature of the universe and beat their heads to the brick walls for decades, even while the radio telescope was being invented... they have to make up alternate universes and dark matter to explain things when they ignore the electrical nature of things.. but the funding pours in while guys that see the electrical side of things assert that all the mysteries are not complex at all and make predictions that prove themselves to be correct... and get shunned by their fellow "scientific truth seekers"....

Evolution has holes large enough for the Titanic to pass but they just keep on with their thing, asserting that they are "experts"... expert at what?

And I'll want to know about their climate models when they can model the weather accurately, LOL...

#18     Nov 25, 2009
  9. Oh really. You can use the Lorentz transform (special relativity) to show that electricity and magnetism are two aspects of the same force. It was a great triumph of Special Relativity that it came to the same conclusions as Maxwell, through an entirely different path.

Not to mention Einstein's work on the photoelectric effect.

I really do not think you are in a position to lecture on what scientists do and do not know.

You might also like to ponder the fact that without Einstein's work things that are taken for granted today such as the GPS simply would not be possible.

#19     Nov 25, 2009
  10. #20     Nov 25, 2009