Global Warming paradox

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Feb 2, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Sorry, your data is skewed and incorrect.

#71     Feb 5, 2011
  2. You are just making up nonsense. There is no observational evidence that the planet is cooling. You known this, which is why you make up, or more likely just regurgitate rubbish about ice age cycles and current warming that echoes around the denialist blogosphere. No matter how many echoes, it remains nonsense.

#72     Feb 5, 2011
  3. pspr

pspr

You are just plain wrong. Sorry to burst your bubble but the data you have been looking at is skewed. You are just hard headed and unable to change to the facts of the matter.

"The week before the latest UN's world leaders' conference there was another UN climate conference in Geneva where one of the UN's own leading climate scientists and computer modellers, Professor Mojib Latif from Germany's Leibniz Institute of Marine Sciences at Keil University, stated that from recent research he has conducted he has had to conclude that global warning has ceased."

"He added that the planet is currently cooling and will likely continue to do so for another 20 years."

http://minnesotansforglobalwarming.com/m4gw/2009/10/planet-cooling-says-scientist.html

Global Cooling Is Coming Say Scientists

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/05/19/global-cooling-scientists-warming/

It's Not Global Warming

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/ocean.html

"Any increases in temperature will likely fit the global trend of +0.048°C/decade, that is, about 0.5°C this century— the rate of warming that has existed since the Little Ice Age, centered around 1750 in Europe, South America, and China."

"The ocean thermal changes on centennial-period scales, which appear as the warming trend through the past 50 to 100 years, can be explained by means of intrinsic internal modes of the Earth going through their normal cycle of warming and cooling, independent of both radiative and anthropogenic influences."

#73     Feb 5, 2011

4. You wouldn't know the difference between evidence and a hole in the ground. The ultimate authority in science is observational evidence - not someones opinion. Produce some evidence that the planet is cooling, such as a surface temperature record.

In any case, Latif is likely just plain wrong and this is certainly not the main stream opinion in climate science. Furthermore, Latif never disputed AGW.Latif was referring to what he thought might be a short term pause in the warming over the next decade or so due to natural factors and not a cessation of the long term warming trend.

Not only do you not understand the nature of scientific evidence, you also misrepresent the positions of others (such as Latif) for your own purposes.

#74     Feb 5, 2011
  5. There is no way I am gonna read this whole thread.

So I'll mentioned WHAT SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE BY NOW MENTIONED.

Global Warming is all about Carbon Trade/ Carbon Tax.

If you don't know anything about carbon trading system.

YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT

Today I am not in the mood to spell it out A, B, C.

#75     Feb 5, 2011
  6. pspr

pspr

You don't like being wrong, do you? But you are! Face the facts. Global warming ended in 1998. There is NO evidence of warming beyond that date except in the biased data from tempature sensors in warming areas of cities and near heat sources. Besides, what has happened in the last 12 years has little impact on the cooling that appears to be coming so stop being so stupid.

Now run along and quit trying to make things up. You are just a stupid old man set in your ways.

#76     Feb 5, 2011
  7. jem

jem

I saw no one arguing Milankovitch cycles were the only cause, and 2, the ice core data shows warming precedes C02 rise by 800 years.

so showing me a chart of CO2 rising is like showing me a 400 period moving average of C02 blip up and saying temperature will rise. I might agree that temperature will rise, but you have not shown me that CO2 caused it.

#77     Feb 6, 2011
  8. jem

jem

NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blo...-192334971.html

#78     Jul 28, 2011
  9. It seems like the most correlated factor to global warming is the world human population. We're creatures of habit and we've become attached to oil and coal to "improve" our quality of life. We're not going to get unattached. Tell somebody who just bought an iPad to throw it away because it is contributing to global warming... Tell Apple to stop selling them because they contribute to global warming.

Tell people to stop driving, or flying cross country to visit family because it contributes to global warming. Tell shipping firms that they have to use sailships. Tell obese americans that they have to take the stairs and not the elevator...

We're addicted to the things that cause global warming. Cut the population and you cut global warming.

#79     Jul 28, 2011