Global Warming paradox

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Feb 2, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

I think you mean scientists who are on the UN dole. Those who aren't are exposing the "man made" global warming lie. While it is true (maybe that is what you are reading) that there has been some warming as best measured by ocean temps. It is also true that the data shows it has coincided with ocean cycles and solar activity. CO2 spikes in the atmosphere are a RESULT of climate warm periods not a cause of them. The record is very clear. (unless you are a climate scientist relying on grant money then you tweak the data to fit your conclusions)

And, if you can't be bothered to read the pertinent scientific analysis what credibility could your arguments possible hold?

#31     Feb 2, 2011
  2. olias

olias

You 'heard the opposite' from who? Sarah Palin?

"National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed the current scientific opinion, in particular on recent global warming. These assessments have largely followed or endorsed the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) position of January 2001 which states:

An increasing body of observations gives a collective picture of a warming world and other changes in the climate system... There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities.[1]

NO SCIENTIFIC BODY OF NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL STANDING HAS MAINTAINED A DISSENTING OPINION; the last was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, which in 2007 updated its 1999 statement rejecting the likelihood of human influence on recent climate with its current non-committal position"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

#32     Feb 3, 2011
  3. olias

olias

#33     Feb 3, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

And it took me less than 10 seconds to find the opposite from the U.S. Senate.

Less Than Half of all Published Scientists Endorse Global Warming Theory

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index....ecord_id=b35c36a3-802a-23ad-46ec-6880767e7966

And: Prominent Scientists Reverse Belief in Man-made Global Warming - Now Skeptics

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index....ecord_id=927B9303-802A-23AD-494B-DCCB00B51A12

#34     Feb 3, 2011
  5. What with this being a trading site I thought that you guys would be behind the global warning theory since its spawning new instruments to trade. Mmmm.... curious.:confused:

#35     Feb 3, 2011
  6. #36     Feb 3, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

Many of us would rather live by the facts rather than making up stuff to support a contrived opinion.

#37     Feb 3, 2011
  8. Obama, the left, and the global warming fraud is screwing up this nation. [​IMG]

#38     Feb 3, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

What I don't get is how they can be traders and think something akin to, "my stock went down today, therefore it cannot be on an upward trend."

#39     Feb 3, 2011
  10. olias

olias

I've said it before, there are a lot of people walking around who think the NASA moon landing was faked, and they can actually present a pretty good case if you don't bother to read someone else debunk all of their 'evidence'. I was a skeptic of man made global warming too; for years. No longer. The info is out there. You seem like a fairly intelligent person. I hope you keep investigating the evidence.

Look, no one knows, but the preponderance of evidence supports global warming. The real question is, how big of a deal is it? At what price do combat it? These are the questions to debate.

#40     Feb 3, 2011