Global Warming paradox

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Feb 2, 2011.

1. <iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d70iXVN5EVM" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Al gore:

"As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now and they say that increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what they have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming:

“In fact, scientists have been warning for at least two decades that global warming could make snowstorms more severe. Snow has two simple ingredients: cold and moisture. Warmer air collects moisture like a sponge until it hits a patch of cold air. When temperatures dip below freezing, a lot of moisture creates a lot of snow.”

“A rise in global temperature can create all sorts of havoc, ranging from hotter dry spells to colder winters, along with increasingly violent storms, flooding, forest fires and loss of endangered species.”

http://blog.algore.com/2011/02/an_answer_for_bill.html

You can't have it both ways. Sorry.

2. Ricter

Ricter

In this case you can. No one is suggesting that the temperature will never fall below zero again anywhere on Earth, in any season, at any altitude, because of generalized warming.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

"You can't have it both ways. Sorry.
    Isn't that the liberal mantra? Having your cake and eating it too.

:)

4. olias

olias

Of course you can. If you understand science. As it says right there in your article, scientists have been warning about more sever winter storms as a result of 'global warming'.

If you can't get your head around this concept you probably shouldn't be trading. It's really not that complicated.

5. olias

olias

For the record, I can't stand Barbara Boxer either.

6. its hard to argue with a liberal hell bent on being right, so i'm not going to. just like i would not argue with a brick wall.

7. jem

jem

It could get warmer it could get colder that the message of global warming now climate change.

the real problem is that the science shows that the climate changes prior the rise in C02 by 800 years.

So no one can possibly know what is happening.
    Could man be causing a change... sure.

Could the change be a happening anyway sure.

8. pspr

pspr

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

They don't want enlightenment, they want carbon taxes/wealth distribution.

My sentiments as well.

10. The fact that the 'global warming' argument is divided down
    political lines should tell you its highly suspect.

#10     Feb 2, 2011