Global warming LOL

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Aug 13, 2013.

1. And you are free to believe a myth perpetuated by the GW denier apparatus.

The fact is that around 1970 there were 6 times as many scientists predicting a warming rather than a cooling planet.

So The American Meteorological Society are alarmists?
    "There was no scientific consensus in the 1970s that the Earth was headed into an
    imminent ice age. Indeed, the possibility of anthropogenic warming dominated
    the peer-reviewed literature even then."
    http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/2008BAMS2370.1

The National Academy of Sciences in 1975 and 1979 are current alarmists?

http://logicalscience.blogspot.com/2006/11/wooden-stake-in-newsweeks-global.html

[​IMG]

#51     Aug 15, 2013
  2. fhl

fhl

Yeah, i see, gothcha.

What you're saying is that the reason we're supposed to believe you now is because you were just lying to us in the 70's.

Yeah, ok.

rofl

#52     Aug 15, 2013
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You posted this nonsense about 68 studies in the 1970s previously. Why don't you reference the earlier response from a poster with a link to over 1000 global cooling papers and studies from the 1970s.

#53     Aug 15, 2013
  4. Ricter

Ricter

You're condemning science's uncertainty, yet offer no alternative strategy. If you default to "wait and see" you will still need to rely on science for the seeing part, but you elevate the risk of delayed (and more expensive) action.

#54     Aug 15, 2013
  5. Wow, 68 whole survey participants. I would say that's not exactly a full sample.

Amusing, computers actually started to be used in the 50's.

So some scientists made some mistakes and some of those scientists that made mistakes then are the same ones who are crying global warming now, how do you know they aren't wrong again?

Didn't your messiah, Al Gore say if we didn't act immediately (a few years ago) the damage was irreversible? So if Al private jet Gore is right then why should we bother?

You also like to point out how infallible models are. Let me explain something to you. Models are only as good as 1. the person that made them and 2. the data that is used. As we know from the East Anglia scandal that scientists can, as the "global warming experts" said, "trick" the data. What that means is they can plug in whatever numbers they want to get the outcome they want.

Your posts get dumber and dumber. I knew when you started the name calling you didn't have much else to offer.

#55     Aug 15, 2013
  6. Ricter

Ricter

68 is probably closer to the whole population, not a sample.

#56     Aug 15, 2013
  7. in two minutes I found over 30 articles written predicting global cooling so I doubt 68 was very many.

#57     Aug 15, 2013
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Those 30 articles would be part of the meta-analysis, not the meta-analysis itself?

#58     Aug 15, 2013

9. So these guys are lying? ....Why would they do that? And why would every other comprehensive review of the science back then agree it?

You have been deluded. It's OK many have. Huge huge money is behind the denier movement.

The American Meteorological Society

"There was no scientific consensus in the 1970s that the Earth was headed into an
    imminent ice age. Indeed, the possibility of anthropogenic warming dominated
    the peer-reviewed literature even then."

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf.../2008BAMS2370.1

#59     Aug 15, 2013
  10. jem

jem

We should note.. .that fraudulent survey FC likes to quote... is old. The science of agw has now failed. The new surveys show its closer to 50 50.

#60     Aug 15, 2013