Global warming LOL

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Aug 13, 2013.

1. jem

jem

I thought about it longer.
    Even when I read the article about the scientist doing the work on the dino..
    or when I read the real work by the scientists... I love listening to them.

Its the the scientists who interpret their work, the teachers and the textbooks who annoy me.

Make it clear when you are teaching speculation vs theory vs fact.

That is what I ask.

#41     Aug 14, 2013
  2. LOL,

Here is what the world's scientists were saying in the 70's-

Climatologists are pessimistic that political leaders will take any positive action to compensate for the climatic change, or even to allay its effects. They concede that some of the more spectacular solutions proposed, such as melting the Arctic ice cap by covering it with black soot or diverting arctic rivers, might create problems far greater than those they solve. But the scientists see few signs that government leaders anywhere are even prepared to take the simple measures of stockpiling food or of introducing the variables of climatic uncertainty into economic projections of future food supplies. The longer the planners delay, the more difficult will they find it to cope with climatic change once the results become grim reality.

The world's scientists were incorrect.

Here is what John Holdren the village idiot's science advisor was saying in the 70's

In 1971, long before Dr. Holdren came President Obama’s science adviser, in an essay [titled] “Overpopulation and the Potential for Ecocide,” Dr. Holdren and his co-author, the ecologist Paul Ehrlich, warned of a coming ice age.

They certainly weren’t the only scientists in the 1970s to warn of a coming ice age, but I can’t think of any others who were so creative in their catastrophizing. Although they noted that the greenhouse effect from rising emissions of carbon dioxide emissions could cause future warming of the planet, they concluded from the mid-century cooling trend that the consequences of human activities (like industrial soot, dust from farms, jet exhaust, urbanization and deforestation) were more likely to first cause an ice age. Dr. Holdren and Dr. Ehrlich wrote:

The effects of a new ice age on agriculture and the supportability of large human populations scarcely need elaboration here. Even more dramatic results are possible, however; for instance, a sudden outward slumping in the Antarctic ice cap, induced by added weight, could generate a tidal wave of proportions unprecedented in recorded history.

LOL- it's pretty funny. We were all going to be killed by a giant tidal wave.

futurecurrents, are you standing alone in a room trying to figure out who the sucker is?

#42     Aug 14, 2013
  3. It's amusing to see what suckers the democrats are made of time and time again. Everything they are fed they take as truth with zero skepticism.

Arianna huffington builds a left wing website, convinces nitwits to work for free and then sells it to AOL.

Al gore puts out some factually inaccurate garbage, everyone on the left believes it then he sells his tv station to one of the biggest oil producers in the world all the while trying to delay the sale to take advantage of advantageous tax law.

obama reads off his teleprompter well, does a shitty job and screws 99% of the people and keeps maybe 1 or 2 of the thousand promises he made and gets re elected.

How can you not be amazed by the stupidity of the left???

#43     Aug 14, 2013
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Go look up what a time series experiment is and get back to us.

#44     Aug 14, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Dead on John.

#45     Aug 14, 2013
  6. You are a special kind of right-wing brainwashed stupid aren't you?

Most of the scientists predicted warming in the seventies.

Who cares anyhow? That was then this is now and an awful lot has changed, a big one being computers. Are you saying that because once in a while some scientists make mistakes that science as a whole cannot be trusted? Is that what you think?

Oh I forgot. You don't think. You just thoughtlessly regurgitate right wing GW denier disinformation. IOW, lies and fraud.

#46     Aug 14, 2013
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Bullshit. I lived in the 70s. The majority of "climate scientists" were regularly putting forward alarmist predictions about global cooling. The mainstream media, tv and print, regularly pushed news stories about global cooling. In K-12 public schools and universities global cooling was pushed as an "accepted fact" in the 1970s. In fact, the NY State high school EOY Regents exams for earth science had questions about global cooling on them.

Stop attempting to re-write history and face the the facts.

#47     Aug 14, 2013
  8. I'm sure you think your anecdotal evidence means something, but it doesn't.

Multiple studies have shown more papers were written by scientists - not articles by news writers - which is confusing you - predicting global warming.

#48     Aug 14, 2013
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The only such "studies" are been written by curent global warming alarmists, and all of their assertions go directly against all the documented evidence from the 1970s including the CIA summaries, media articles (Time, etc.), school curriculum information, and the majority of papers from scientists during the decade.

You are free to have your own opinions, you are not free to invent your own facts.

#49     Aug 15, 2013
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Ahh, so you are aware we have volition.

#50     Aug 15, 2013