Global Warming is a Religion

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by 377OHMS, Dec 29, 2010.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Seeing the NYT blame this snowstorm on AGW just crystalizes my view that the Warmists represent a new type of religious zealotry.

The blatant disregard for established science and the need to twist every weather event into some alarmist manifestation of their internal unhappiness reminds me of religions worldwide.

This new religion, AGW, naturally tends to extremes. It must.

The logical outcome of the Church of the Warmist Idealogues is that mankind must be completely eliminated. It can reach no other conclusion.

From this point forward I will treat all Warmists as religious nuts no different from the Westboro Baptist Church types. Annoying and downright dangerous.

2. Ricter

Ricter

That of course works two ways.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

4. Atheism

The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Makes perfect sense.

5. stu

stu

Theism

because it's great to make shit up

6. sorry for some reason i thought you were from texas. in any case it is interesting that an electrophysics degree would make the statement "blatant disregard for established science " when the established science has concluded that the earth is warming. here is some information that might help you. it really does not take a degree to be able to understand how the earth warming could cause more snow on land.
    http://www.skepticalscience.com/news.php?n=497

7. It is always amusing to hear theists proclaim that they dont believe in natural causes for creation and evolution because it sounds too complicated yet they will readily believe that some grey haired old deity in the sky just spoke and everything we see today popped up from nothing.
    --Freethinker

8. Surely you can see the attraction, though. Fewer equations, less thinking...faith means never having to say you studied.

#10     Dec 30, 2010