Global Warming Hoaxsters Say the Ocean is Sinking

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 15, 2018.

1. wildchild

wildchild

You just can't make this stuff up. I guess sea level isn't rising as much as they claimed, so the reason for that is because the ocean floor is sinking. It probably has to do with the fact that Antarctica is gaining ice.

http://www.newsweek.com/climate-change-sinking-ocean-rising-sea-levels-772862

So much extra water is being added to the world’s oceans from melting glaciers that the ocean floor is sinking underneath the increasing weight. This ocean floor deformation also means we have miscalculated just how much ocean levels are rising, and the problem could be far worse than previously believed.

Over the past 20 years, ocean basins have sunk an average of 0.004 inches per year. This means that the ocean is 0.08 inches deeper than it was two decades ago. While this small fragment of an inch may not seem much, oceans cover 70 percent of our planet, making the problem bigger than it seems at first glance.

WeToddDid2 and traderob like this.

2. A suggestion. Multiply 17 by 7 in your head in the next 10 seconds.

If you can't you are not smart enough to have an opinion worth sharing. Size matters and so does intelligence.

futurecurrents likes this.
  3. I was wondering where all that water was going. Oceans floors are sinking, continents are rising...duh...

4. This is so dumb. How could heavy stuff push stuff down.

d08 likes this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Hydraulic pressure, how does it work?

d08 likes this.
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The ocean is sinking and the sky is falling.

The AGW Chicken Little's continue their fear mongering.

WeToddDid2 likes this.
  7. futurecurrents likes this.
  8. Arnie

Arnie

I'm sure that some of this ocean sinking is due to the extra weight of all the CO2 that is hiding in the deep blue sea.

Buy1Sell2 and traderob like this.
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Snow in Shreveport, LA, ice in Houston. Can someone please stop all the warming?

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  10. Sometimes I wonder what is the thrill here. He knows warming is just adding energy to the system and so is directly related to increased incidence of freak weather events.. but he goes for the cheap laugh of portraying ignorance in the hope it will rile a lib. :)

Hilarious.

#10     Jan 16, 2018
    futurecurrents likes this.