Global Warming Hoaxsters caught lying AGAIN

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Like the Huff n' Puff Post or maybe the National Enquirer?

Accuweather.com is a crap site?

How about that 131 year record low in Key West a few weeks ago?
    How about all those other record lows and record snow falls in the US?
    Granted the US is certainly not the whole world but it seems odd to me we're seeing so many record low temps here when the world as a whole supposedly had it second highest temp year.

Somethings not adding up.

#21     Jan 31, 2010
  2. All you have to do is to read the thread of emails to understand to what they were referring (and no the "lack of warming" does not refer to a lack of anthropogenic climate change, or overall warming, as you will certainly misunderstand it):

Tom Wigley wrote:
    >> Dear all,
    >>
    >> At the risk of overload, here are some notes of mine on the recent
    >> lack of warming. I look at this in two ways. The first is to look at
    >> the difference between the observed and expected anthropogenic trend
    >> relative to the pdf for unforced variability. The second is to remove
    >> ENSO, volcanoes and TSI variations from the observed data.
    >>
    >> Both methods show that what we are seeing is not unusual. The second
    >> method leaves a significant warming over the past decade.
    >>
    >> These sums complement Kevin's energy work.
    >>
    >> Kevin says ... "The fact is that we can't account for the lack of
    >> warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't". I do not
    >> agree with this.
    >>
    >> Tom.

Yes, they do. You misunderstood that since they do not understand everything they understand nothing. Naturally that made no sense.

Hey, my Mom's basement is very attractive! :) I have posters up and everything!

Look, you're leaving the rails of rational thought again. Recognizing a scientific truth doesn't bind anyone to a particular course of action (or inaction.)

No, there are almost always multiple methods of solving a problem. Conservation is one approach (and a perfectly valid approach) but you're telling me that you can't even think of even a single other approach?

Whether I'm a hypocrite or not has no impact on the truth or falsehood of any argument, fact, or evidence.

No doubt.

So you don't believe that there's proof that CO2 molecules absorb infra-red energy in a dual manner?

Because there is.

#22     Feb 1, 2010
  3. Actually NASA (as I've cited), the NOAA (which I've also cited) or any other primary data source.

Yes, when it comes to climatology. That is all. (Climate is not weather.)

How about the snowstorm in West Buttfark, Arkansas? That means the globe is cooling, right?

#23     Feb 1, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not necessarily, but a large number of wide spread record lows and snow falls is certainly noteworthy. That is for anyone interested in the truth and facts. Or is this one of those inconvenient truths you're willing and all to eager to ignore?

#24     Feb 1, 2010
  5. All you had to do was read my response to notice that I was not claiming that the "no lack of warming" statement was not refering to MMGW. Got back and reread and come back when you have a clue. Strawman.

Another strawman argument. The point was that they themselves did not understand where all the energy in the atmosphere went, you ,however, claimed that you knew. So BigDaveDiode, please explain why you are so much smarter than even your heroes on the topic.

Then we am I as well as everyone else on this planet being lectured on a daily basis to stop fossil fuel use. Are you denying that the MMGW hoaxsters are attempting to do that? Once again, Dave, if you are so concerned about the climate changing because people are releasing to many GHGs then I think it is on you to lead by example. Its time for you and your buddies to put up or shut up.

Maybe people would take you a little more seriously if you were not a hypocrite.

And all the data from hundreds of thousands of years suggests CO2 is a LAGGING indicator.

#25     Feb 1, 2010