Global Warming Hoaxster Caught Lying Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 13, 2018.

1. wildchild

wildchild

These clowns claiming the big cold snap experienced in the US was caused by global warming. A group of international scientists have come out and said that such an event is 15 times less likely to happen then it was 100 years ago.

They both can't be true. Somebody is lying here. Which group could it be? I have an idea, lets follow the money.

2. I'm saving the prior post as an example of how extreme mental weakness in the elderly is hurting America.

Is it time to consider a voting upper age limit for the elderly in America unless they can prove they are not mental incompetents like Wildchild? I'm half kidding but..

With an explosion in dementia cases, is it fair that the younger generations have to suffer through such easily frightened and confused elderly semi-senile voters? They are too easy prey to lobbyists who thrive on the noise they create.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    futurecurrents likes this.
  3. exGOPer

exGOPer

Nice sourcing there, let's rely on birther supporters to be the authority on science now.

And you cons never talk about following the money if it's a 'scientist' supporting your worldview. Hell, you don't even question scams like Trump University which was all about taking gullible people's money.

4. wildchild

wildchild

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/us-cold-snap-freak-nature-quick-analysis-finds-52279943

"Consider this cold comfort: A quick study of the brutal American cold snap found that the Arctic blast really wasn't global warming but a freak of nature.

Frigid weather like the two-week cold spell that began around Christmas is 15 times rarer than it was a century ago, according to a team of international scientists who does real-time analyses to see if extreme weather events are natural or more likely to happen because of climate change.

The cold snap that gripped the East Coast and Midwest region was a rarity that bucks the warming trend, said researcher Claudia Tebaldi of the National Center for Atmospheric Research and the private organization Climate Central."

So George Stephanopoulos and the folks at ABC News are right wingers. There it is smack-dab in front of your face. FuturesCurrents believing Al Gore's lies again.

5. Well she is actually an authoritative source. I have no reason to doubt her results. So rare for the denier argument.

But this may be a case of definitions. What defines cold snaps? Are they same as cold spells? How much is time of spell vs temp included?

At any rate she is one researcher and others disagree.

Three scientists whose studies have connected Arctic warming to changes in extreme events disagree.

Because such atmospheric pressure changes happen occasionally, quick studies that rely on averages miss extreme events like the recent cold spell, said James Overland of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

++++++++++++++++

If one actually listens to Al Gore, he is not saying it's a definate thing. He will say something like " Some scientisits believe the jet stream is........so more cold or warm spells.....". The preponderence of the evidence.

And in case anyone is wondering if the Arctic is warming faster than anywhere on earth...

....and how could this NOT effect the jet stream?

[​IMG]

6. When I was growing up, I remember the having to climb up snowbanks in New York to get to the sidewalk if I crossed from the middle of the street. I have not seen it like that in decades.

As a child, I remember asking my mother why there was snow on the mountains (Rocky Mountains outside of Denver, Co) in the Summertime. Now these mountains are mostly if not completely snow-free in the Summer.

Large energy and manufacturing business are behind the climate change denying campaign. Here is how their thinking likely goes:

There is no climate change. even if there climate change, it is not caused by Humans. Even if it were caused by humans, there is nothing we can do about it. Even if there is something we can do about it, we should not held responsible because it would cause lost jobs (profits). Even if we were held responsible, the Government should pay for it. If the Government does not want to pay for it, that is ok, climate change is beneficial because the most biologically productive time on this planet has been when it was warmer. And so on.

In economics, when an industry causes harm to another entity or environment, the term is called “spillover cost.” There is a cost associated with the activity, whether the offender pays for it or not.

7. wildchild

wildchild

Great anecdote, the problem is there was record breaking snow in New York less than a month ago. Where were you for that?

Do you know that approximately 10,000 years ago New York had glaciers? In fact there are rocks in Central Park that were carved by these glaciers. Whats weird is that these glaciers were gone when Europeans settled the New World. They had melted. What caused it?

8. wildchild

wildchild

Are we using actual data or adjusted data? We have been down this road before. No one is buying your adjusted data. Its time you gave Michael Mann his hockey stick back.

9. In addition, several biologists are claiming animal migratory patterns are changing consistent with a warming world. Northern hemisphere plants are moving Northward. They cite specific examples.

10. wildchild

wildchild

And....

#10     Jan 14, 2018