Global warming hoax

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I don't filter your posts. I challenged you to post ONE study proving GW is anthropogenic. You posted a link to a book. Here's the table of contents from that book.........

Contents
    Uncertainties of Global Climate Prédictions L Bengtsson 15

Uncertainties in the Atmospheric Chemical System G P Brasseur E A H Holland 31

General Consideration and Applications 41

Biogeophysical Feedbacks and the Dynamics of Climate M Claussen 61

Should Phosphorus Availability Be Constraining Moist Tropical Forest Responses to Increasing CO2 Concentrations? 95

Biogeochemical Consequences of Woody Plant Expansion S Archer T W Boutton

I doubt a book with "Uncertainties" in the table of contents can be cited as "proof". But I'm sure it's an interesting read. Unlike you, I HAVE considered both sides and still do. Unlike you, I am not blinded by hysteria. I consider the arguments based on reasoning, not emotion. I've tried to engage you in a debate before, but you either attack me personally or just ignore the points I make. Truth is there is a debate on GW and it's effects and causes.

#41     Nov 14, 2007
  2. maxpi

maxpi

#42     Nov 14, 2007
  3. It's evident that you didn't read the book then. It is in the true scientific spirit that with any study one needs to address the uncertainties. But if you confuse the discussion of uncertainties with stating "we don't know," then you're just showing your ignorance of science.

BTW, in court, DNA evidence always leaves 1 in a billion or similar "uncertainties." That's enough to convict most criminals (except Simpson).

#43     Nov 14, 2007
  4. Arnie

Arnie

So are you saying that book proves GW is man made?:D

#44     Nov 14, 2007
  5. Why do I have the feeling that the people who believe that global warming is a fraud also believe that the Atkins diet is safe and healthful?

#45     Nov 14, 2007
  6. newbunch

newbunch

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds

#46     Nov 14, 2007
  7. You don't have to go that far. We already have proof on this forum that following groups of people have significant overlap among them:

1. Those who think that GW is a fraud;
    2. Those who think that earth is 6k years old;
    3. Those who believe that praying heals;
    4. Those who believe that praying brings rain;
    5. Those who voted for Bush.

#47     Nov 14, 2007
  8. because you have been brainwashed your whole life and you are too stupid to figure it out.

#48     Nov 14, 2007
  9. global warming is not a hoax.. winters are much less severe, much less snow than they have ever been

:/

#49     Nov 14, 2007
  10. Oh, and I forgot the nonconservative cuckoo side of ignorance:

1. Those who think that GW is a fraud;
    2. Those who think that 9/11 was a government job;
    3. Those who think that aliens are running the government;
    4. Those who think that Big Oil murdered Stan Meyers because he invented water to hydrogen fuel cell.

#50     Nov 14, 2007