Global warming hoax fools millions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Only been weeks since "some scientists were predicting that the "North Pole may be ice-free for first time this summer". Others predicted that the entire "polar ice cap would disappear this summer".

Well, guess what. Didn't happen. Some of us aren't surprised. The arctic ice cap has actually Grown by 30%.

Keep trying Mr Gore.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/15/goddard_arctic_ice_mystery/

[​IMG]

#51     Aug 21, 2008
  2. Thanks for that -- here's a link to the actual article, notice how none of the scientists quoted said this:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/06/080620-north-pole.html

Then notice how even the article itself states "Recent models suggest that the Arctic won't see its first completely ice-free summer until somewhere between 2013 and 2030."

#52     Aug 21, 2008
  3. Okay, look, this is just getting embarrassing. Launching a weather balloon is meteorology.

Scientists who study the Earth's climate is climatology. They are different.

Meteorologists become tv weathermen, and then sign silly Republican online anti-global warming petitions, signing alongside dentists.

#53     Aug 21, 2008
  4. Said what? Ice free by this summer or grew by 30%?

An ice free 2008 is in the first paragraph: "We're actually projecting this year that the North Pole may be free of ice for the first time [in history]," David Barber, of the University of Manitoba, told National Geographic News aboard the C.C.G.S. Amundsen, a Canadian research icebreaker.

If you're refering to ice growth than quoting an article published 8 weeks ago (and probably written 3 or more months ago) might not reflect current conditions.

#54     Aug 21, 2008

5. Of course they don't say it now. Do you think they're that stupid?

If you follow the news, however, you know that there were well publicized newspaper stories stating exactly what I posted.

What you are attempting to pull here is more or less exactly the same thing that has been done with the "global cooling" crowd of the 1970's. The "oh, they didn't really say that" schtick.

Nice try.

#55     Aug 21, 2008
  6. Actually I drilled down through the article you posted to the original link. That's all.

If you're going to state that someone said something, you should be able to show that they actually said it.

#56     Aug 21, 2008
  7. I just knew we could win the war on GW. Thanks Algore, you have earned your $100 million.

And then suddenly, peace and cooling broke out!

Roh oh. Looks like we are going the other way now.

So cold this summer. Never experienced anything close to this cold of a summer. Tempted to turn the furnace on for more than half of the day. Gotta wear winter clothes until noon. Heavy blankets at night. Don't leave the windows open or you'll die of exposure to the elements.

GW BS. Just like anyone however, I'd be all for it if I was making money at it.

#57     Aug 21, 2008
  8. I don't know about his movie, but he donated the money from his Nobel prize to the Alliance for Climate Protection.

Actually it's the global average temperatures that matter, not whether you were cold, and even then, yes, they fluctuate depending on whether it's an el-nino or la-nina year.

#58     Aug 21, 2008

9. Oh, great. So the warming period was just a natural fluctuation, now we are entering a cooling cycle and we are going to freeze.

Should I move big dave? I live where the ice was 2 miles thick during the last cooling spell.

I was going to go skiing in New Zealand this summer, but there's too much snow.
    http://www.iceagenow.com/Record_breaking_snow_at_New_Zealand_ski_resorts.htm

#59     Aug 21, 2008
  10. If you can accept the fact that price trends are not necessarily straight-line, but a series of fluctuations with an underlying bias, then why is it such a stretch for you to accept the same phenomenon when it comes to climate?

#60     Aug 21, 2008