Global warming hoax fools millions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Aug 13, 2008.

1. wjk

wjk

#41     Aug 17, 2008
    #42     Aug 17, 2008
  3. I find these cities, individual schools, etc adopting "green" policies to "combat" global warming to be hilarious. No one can claim they have any effect whatsoever, but they still do it. To "feel" better. Classic liberal elevation of intentions over results.

#43     Aug 17, 2008
  4. wjk

wjk

#44     Aug 17, 2008
  5. Your argument is wandering wildly. If you claim that there's nothing we can do, then you're incorrect. With government action we are able to avoid at least some of the more dramatic consequences of global warming.

How does one prove such a thing? You misunderstand science entirely. The evidence is overwhelming.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Uhhhh... no. Check out the website realclimate.org which is run by climatologists themselves and you can follow the debates. Mostly the debate is down to the finer details at this point. Your statement that anthropogenic global warming means that humans have to be the only cause is just strange and silly.

#45     Aug 17, 2008
  6. http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=764

#46     Aug 17, 2008
  7. wjk

wjk

It's amazing how you keep misconstruing or misunderstanding my comments or questions. Or perhaps you debate as a true liberal. I am quite familiar with the issue. I have been reading weather pubs for over 30 years. I visit many weather web sights regularly. I am familiar with realclimate.
    Climatology is not an exact science, as I'm sure you know, and I am opposed to having measures like kyoto imposed without many more years of data. There are many respected meteorologists and climatologists who think warming is being misrepresented to push an agenda, and I happen to agree with their reasoning. For every link that supports your side, I can find one that opposes. You would no doubt discredit them as you did the senate report. I side with those who believe man's contribution to global warming is minuscule and current warming is a natural cycle.

The statement you made promoting government action pretty much says it all. Been fun.

Later

#47     Aug 17, 2008
  8. #48     Aug 18, 2008
    #49     Aug 18, 2008
  10. wjk

wjk

First of all: This is exactly my point. You assume I don't know the diff between the two. I never indicated such. Second: I worked in the military as a meteorologist for 5 years so I know more about it then you think. You try and sound intelligent by putting out bits and pieces of various studies.

Have you every launched balloons and plotted upper air soundings by hand?
    Have you ever plotted adiabatic charts without a computer? Do you know what they are used for and what is derived from them?
    Have you every plotted temps and wind on a worldchart from 850mb, 700mb, 500mb, 300mb, 250mb pressure level's?

These are some of the data that go into the climate models, data I played a part in providing, so save your fucking insults.

Have you ever briefed pilots?
    Can you call a cloud base without a ceilometer?
    Can you even read a surface wx plot or wind barb?

Having compared data from 1 year to the next as I have done is climatology. As the dictionary states: The meteorological study of climates and their phenomena

To educate you must be educated. I've seen no evidence of that. Spend your bullshit on someone who buys it. Some other time.

#50     Aug 18, 2008