Global Warming: Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by goldenarm, Nov 11, 2002.

1. that is the problem....when the nuclear waste is made what do you do with it and who controls it? The fact that all the nuclear waste ever made can fit in a basement is misleading..it only takes a couple ounces to put a world of hurt on a city.

#21     Nov 12, 2002
  2. Rigel

Rigel

Not sure that it's true but I've heard that burning coal produces more ionizing radiation per kilowatt-hour than burning uranium. If it's true, it's putting it right into the atmosphere, so being able to bury it would be safer.

#22     Nov 12, 2002
  3. Technically, how tough a nut is fusion power, I wonder? For example, if there were a national commitment to it say in 10 or 20 years or whatever along the lines of the Manhattan Project, Apollo Project, etc.

This morning I was telling my helper about this thread. She said it is not getting warmer and that penguins drinking Coors and all jumping up and down at once caused that piece the size of Rhode Island to break off a while back.

Also, what's the deal on this huge cloud in the South China Sea that everyone is talking about? And WTF is Black Rainstorm? I just signed up with IB to trade these Hong Kong Futures and that was in the risk disclosure I had to sign.

Geo.

#23     Nov 12, 2002
  4. My parents live in the Northeast...a few years back they had the coldest and snowiest winter ever...and scientist said it was from a new warming trend that has thrown off the jet streams...then last year they had one of the mildest winters and they say it's because of global warming....Hey, Im in Florida for a reason...I would love nothing more then o have global warming continue and then i can move back to a balmy NYC and enjoy year round good weather :)

#24     Nov 12, 2002