Global Warming: Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by goldenarm, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Do any of you live in rural areas or "close to teh land" so to speak?

If so, what do you think?

#11     Nov 11, 2002
  2. yeah i live in a rural area, definitely not japan.

it's nice here. not too warm.

thanks for asking.

i hope you're comfy, too.

is everyone else happy?

#12     Nov 11, 2002
  3. well, with all the hot air gushing out of the likes of aphexcoil, thunderbolt, etc, coupled with 75% of the Democrat establishment, no wonder things are heating up..

#13     Nov 12, 2002

4. Then maybe you could ask a fuel oil dealer, farmer, gardener, veterinarian, pest control man, fisherman, logger, roofer, snow maker, registered guide, meteorologist or emergency room technician what they think about local climate change. These might be people that would see first hand any changes.

To me, it seems like there are more and more bizarre chenges every year that I can't attribute to anything else but warmer weather although rainfall is a big factor.

#14     Nov 12, 2002
  5. It's better to be safe than sorry. It doesn't pay to take large risks on this issue. But that's not going to deter anyone.

#15     Nov 12, 2002
  6. ....Let's be realistic...even if they knew for a fact what was happening, can anyone on this board honestly say: Im giving up my car? ELectric? the alternative is nuclear power....there's no gasses or warming effects when used in power plants....there's just that nasty problem of what to do with the radioactive waste and the possability of dirty bombs!

#16     Nov 12, 2002
  7. Rigel

Rigel

All the processed high-level radioactive waste produced in this country in the last 50 years, the really nasty stuff, wouldn't even fill my small basement. There seems to be a perception that there are mile upon cubic mile of this stuff but volume-wise it doesn't amount to much. Bury it in steel and concrete about 2000 feet down and there's no way anyone's going to get their hands on it.
    Put detectors around it and if it starts to leak in 500 years just go down there and re-package it. Anyway, where do people think uranium comes from in the first place? It comes from the earth.
    If we put it back we would be recycling it, returning it to mother nature. :D We take so much from her. Isn't it time we gave something back. (violin music please) :p

#17     Nov 12, 2002
  8. I have always felt that we should use it as a spoil of war....think about it? America is the only country that goes in , defeats you in a expensive war, then spends twice as much rebuilding your country!!!...To hell with it...I think if we invade Iraq, we should empty our land fills on thier desert floor....Afghanistan should get untreated sewage and some radioactive waste! :D

Now there's a deterent to some of these countries!..." better not mess with the USA, or theyll invade you and leave all their radioactive waste and mercury in our rivers"

#18     Nov 12, 2002
  9. Oh Rigel, that post is so you.

But seriously, I have to agree with you on that one. Nuclear power is far superior and cleaner.

#19     Nov 12, 2002
  10. Be careful what you say...next thing you know Cheney will be adding that to the GOP agenda.

Funny thing is, they'd love some of our nuclear waste. Next thing you know they'd be dumping it in our subways...

#20     Nov 12, 2002