Global Warming Exposed Yet Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jul 11, 2012.

1. No kidding numbnuts. Tree rings are PART of the data, along with ice cores and other proxies. They also use tree rings from MULTIPLE places.

Again, this does change one bit the accuracy of the hockey stick chart.

#21     Jul 12, 2012
  2. Arnie

Arnie

LOL

#22     Jul 12, 2012
  3. Left wing fanatics?

So this is about politics to you guys not science isn't that correct?

I suppose the 97% of the world's climate scientists are also all left wing fanatics.

#23     Jul 12, 2012
  4. From an article on the study

"Jan Esper of Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany, thinks that at least some of those tree rings actually show something else: a long-term cooling trend that lasted right up until the Industrial Revolution"

note the words "until the industrial revolution"

"The finding does not change our understanding of the warming power of carbon dioxide. In fact, it shows that human CO2 emissions have interrupted a long cooling period that would ultimately have delivered the next ice age."

"But others have doubts. Mann argues that Esper's tree-ring measurements come from high latitudes and reflect only summer temperatures. "The implications of this study are vastly overstated by the authors," he says."

http://www.newscientist.com/article...gest-roman-world-was-warmer-than-thought.html

#24     Jul 12, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

And we all know where FC can put his hockey stick chart! :eek:

#25     Jul 12, 2012
  6. jem

jem

The fraudulent thing is that FC or the person who made the chart went out of their way to change the chart from the articles and the studies which go back to year zero.

Now why the hell would a global warming alarmist change the chart and then call me and idiot in the same thread.

I tell you why... he is a crooked loser who does not want you to see the fact that on a 2000 year chart we have been cycling. .

http://www.realclimate.org/images/M08.jpg

#26     Jul 12, 2012
  7. jem

jem

so we had a long term cooling trend... correct.. so would you expect and ice age to follow or a warming trend?

#27     Jul 12, 2012
  8. jem

jem

answer the riddle.

then you can talk about your hypothesis and back it up with whatever data you have.

#28     Jul 12, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

I thought I was being generous by addressing your question though I had asked you a question first.

#29     Jul 12, 2012
  10. What the hell are you babbling about now idiot?

Still trying to say that CO2 is not a greenhouse gas?

The fact is, is that the hockey stick chart is still correct and this recent study does nothing to change that, moron.

In related news......

"Now, we’ve known this for a while. Study after study has shown that the Earth is warming, that the past decade has been the hottest on record, and that the rise in temperature has been about a degree. So what’s the big deal here?
    The big deal is that this was an independent team of researchers who conducted the study (including, interestingly, Saul Perlmutter, who just won the Nobel Prize for co-discovering the acceleration of the expansion of the Universe, and knows a thing or two about data analysis), and whose funding was overwhelmingly donated by the private sector and not from any government. The study was initiated by Berkeley physicist Richard Muller, who was concerned that government researchers weren’t being as open as possible with their methods. He gathered together a team of scientists, and they used data from 39,000 temperature stations around the world, far more than the previous studies. They have put all their data and methodology online for anyone to investigate.
    And if you’re wondering who these private groups were, they’re listed on the BEP website. The largest single donor? Why, it’s the Koch brothers, über-conservatives who have pumped millions of dollars into climate change denial. I find that… interesting.

[​IMG]

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/b...limate-study-confirms-global-warming-is-real/

#30     Jul 12, 2012