Global Warming Exposed Yet Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jul 11, 2012.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

who cares, the sheeple will believe in anything produced by their masters.
    even in fake alien invasion.

radiation heals patient with cancer? yes, people believe its true.

nations deserve to pay $$$ trillions for the allmighty bogus theories.

#11     Jul 12, 2012
  2. wjk

wjk

#12     Jul 12, 2012
  3. OK, I have a theory. Couple of facts first. We all know that the black and brown population has been growing at a tremendous rate over the past few decades. It's also well known that dark colors attract heat. Do I have to spell it out for you?:eek: :D
    Hey, if we're gonna' just make shit up, this is as good as anything else.

#13     Jul 12, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ah, it's rather amusing when it's you (Ricter) trying to engage someone. Frustrating when they don't want to answer you, isn't it?

Hey, Jem. Pull a Ricter and dodge the question entirely. Make your answer related to something about more paint on school houses in darker colors attracting more sun's rays or something.

#14     Jul 12, 2012
  5. jem

jem

Riddle me this Ricter...

If

1. the earth is a dynamic system which absorbs and disperses gases in various ways.... and

2. during the recorded history of the earth if warming precedes CO2 Accumulation... and cooling precedes CO2 dispersion...

what is more likely...

warming causes CO2 accumulation
    or CO2 accumulation causes warming?

#15     Jul 12, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Am I supposed to answer your what is more likely question while assuming that Man is out of the equation, as he was during the "recorded history of the earth"?

#16     Jul 12, 2012
  7. I'm waiting to hear the critique of this from the pro scientists, but from what I know about tree rings is that they are the one of the least accurate proxy for temps. One problem is growth rings only occur during the summer and say nothing about winter temps. Another is that they actually show growing conditions, which along with temps includes precip, nutrients and the amount of sunshine. A further problem is that these trees were only from one area of Finland.

In any case it will not change this chart

[​IMG]

#17     Jul 12, 2012
  8. Nope, he can't answer yes or no. Basically because he's an idiot. It's an indisputable fact that CO2 is greenhouse gas. Levels of CO2 are up 35% in the last hundred years due to fossil fuel burning, and if we keep doing what we're doing we face certain catastrophe. It's really very simple.

#18     Jul 12, 2012
  9. The hockey-stick chart continues to be proven correct......

"The findings, which drew on the work of 30 researchers from six countries, analyzed lake sediment cores, glacial ice and tree-ring records and refuted the theory proposed by some skeptics that the recent warming was the result of small changes in the Earth’s axis of rotation.

Rather, it found that man-made emissions had in fact reversed a slow pattern of cooling caused by an orbital shift that began two millenniums ago.

“It’s basically saying the greenhouse gas emissions are overwhelming the system,” David Schneider, a climatologist and one of the study’s co-authors, said at the time."

http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/23/the-hockey-stick-lives/

[​IMG]

#19     Jul 12, 2012
  10. Arnie

Arnie

The graph you posted used tree ring data as a proxy for temps in the pre-1850 era.

So you have single handedly posted a chart to support your view and at the same time have called into question the methodology used to construct said chart. Brilliant!!

As a bonus, here is a .pdf file by the author of your chart supporting the use of tree ring data. Again, just brilliant!! :D :D

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/JCLI3564.1

#20     Jul 12, 2012