Global Warming confirmed, skeptics speechless

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Oct 23, 2011.

1. jem

jem

Until that chart is explained... "Climate science" is not science its political marketing.

#11     Oct 24, 2011
  2. kind of makes you wonder why the deniers had such a strong reaction against him for just verifying the sience correct. no?

#12     Oct 24, 2011
  3. Crispy

Crispy

The article confirms a warming trend. Shocker..

But says nothing about the source.

Sorry gorites...I will keep driving my truck and using oil to keep my house and family warm until further notice...

#13     Oct 24, 2011
  4. The chart is somewhat self-explanatory: ie-when the temp gets to about +2C it declines into a region where there is an ice age. Many scientists are coming up with theories why this happens (with dilution of the thermohaline circulation with fresh water from glacier melt being common). I don't think any of them think the rise in temps continues much beyond the +2C.

The +2 is not a magic number as there is variation when the tipping point occurs-but it happens.

IMO-the climate is getting warmer, some of this increase is caused by humans and some by natural events and it will likely get warmer before it starts declining. A lot of bad things will happen because of the warming, such as coastal submergence. I don't think the current science can assess the problem to the accuracy needed by policymakers (politicians) to decide on actions to reverse it.

Seneca

#14     Oct 24, 2011
  5. Eight

Eight

the abovementioned are called deniers and put in a hell where they are forced to debate morons for eternity.. or until somebody leaks the emails proving that the whole thing is a gigantic fraud, whereupon their sentence is reduced to only having to debate morons once a week until the next fraud is started up...

#15     Oct 24, 2011
  6. It's all the hot air out of Washington.

#16     Oct 24, 2011
  7. jem

jem

I do not have any reason to disagree... but in terms of man's contribution... how do we know the earth was not warming on its own anyway... again the data shows that temperatures rise and then later CO2 accumulates.

#17     Oct 24, 2011
  8. IMO, the earth was warming on its own: the last ice age ended some 11500 years ago, the earth then started getting warmer and has ,with some periods of cooling such as the Younger-Dryas and Little Ice Age, intervening; but to me the overall trend is warmer.

The CO2 lag (usually about 800 years) is not apparent this time; your guess is as good as any ones. It may be that human activity has sped up the warming and then natural feedbacks such as release of methane from the arctic tundra kept the ball rolling. I think it is probably too late to take any drastic actions to reverse it. We should be planning to adapt to what may happen.

Seneca

Seneca

#18     Oct 24, 2011
  9. :D

#19     Oct 24, 2011
  10. You guys need to read the article and exclude the rhetoric.

It gave one piece of data:
    "average global land temperature has risen by around 1C since the mid-1950s"

That 1C increase from 1950 to 2011 is attributable to man, and not normal fluctuations in the earth's temperature?

The article proves that these global warming alarmists are a bunch of nutcases! [​IMG]

#20     Oct 25, 2011