Global Market Group

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by fxnewyorkmoney, Feb 21, 2006.

1. I have been Robbed By GLobal Market Group "GMG"

I opened an account with a company called Global Market Group or GMG and their web site was(since taken down after they stole from me) www.fxgmg.com. I opened an account with 60,000 got the profits up to 113,000 and then went to make a withdrawal and they dissappeared. Their web site went down, their phones were disconnected and they haven't responded to one email. This is a substancial amount of my savings and I was wondering if anyone had done business with this company or had any advice on how to contact them or get my money back. Their bank account was in Hong Kong, they had two addresses in the United States, one in Delaware and one in Ohio. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate any info. Thanks.

sam

2. But why would you put substantial amount of your savings with them?

3. thank you for your help, your reply has helped me tremendously.

4. I can feel your agony, but I am still not sure why on earth would one put 60000(not sure what currency) with one broker. I mean if you have 60000 then perhaps you should have paid small amount to professionals to search on a company in question.

What can I say, seriously. May be try some authorities in your country/area see what they say !!

5. Believe me, in retrospect i feel like an idiot. Looking back they said they were registered with the hong kong sfc and they seemed legitimate, obviously i was taken. they used the metatrader platform and i thought that meant something. i have been in contact with the FBI (I am in Miami Florida) the CFTC, I have hired a lawyer in Hong Kong and here in the US, but I was just posting a message to see if anyone else had heard of this company or had any sort of info regarding them.

Thanks for your response though, I do appreciate it.

Sam

6. You are doing right things. You know there is nothing worse than stealing money whether it is directly or through manipulation. Someone works hard saves until one day they do a mistake, and there is always someone to take advantage of that because that is all they can do (useless).

Check if they had some insurance policy to cover customers in these circumstances. Also check the banks where they hold customer money, may be they have some cover. Just see what the authorities will tell you.

7. thank you so much for those sites, i have already had my attorney serve that gentleman court papers however I think that address is bogus. if you try to go to www.fxgmg.com, it says its coming soon, pretty much shut down, so thanks for the other link getting me back to the web site. thanks again though.

sam

8. Sure, no problem. The site is still functioning, but they've disabled the home page.

9. Sorry to hear about the circumstances of your loss. I assume you've already obtained their domain info? Surprisingly (at least to me), it points to a US person at a US location... as opposed to the usual village in western China, etc.

WHOIS Record For
    fxgmg.com

Domain Name.......... fxgmg.com
    Creation Date........ 2005-01-15
    Registration Date.... 2005-01-15
    Expiry Date.......... 2007-01-15
    Organisation Name.... Global Market Group
    Organisation Address. 545 Metro Place South, One Metro Place
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. United States
    Organisation Address. 43017
    Organisation Address. n/a
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Michael James
    Admin Address........ 545 Metro Place South, One Metro Place
    Admin Address........
    Admin Address........ United States
    Admin Address........ 43017
    Admin Address........ n/a
    Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
    Admin Email.......... info@fxgmg.com
    Admin Phone.......... +1.5938455
    Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Michael James
    Tech Address......... 545 Metro Place South, One Metro Place
    Tech Address.........
    Tech Address......... United States
    Tech Address......... 43017
    Tech Address......... n/a
    Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
    Tech Email........... info@fxgmg.com
    Tech Phone........... +1.5938455
    Tech Fax.............
    Name Server.......... NS3.webcontrolcenter.com
    Name Server.......... NS4.webcontrolcenter.com

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.

Show underlying registry data for this record

Current Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
    IP Address: 209.200.90.44 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
    IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)
    Record Type: Domain Name
    Server Type: IIS 6
    Lock Status: ACTIVE
    Web Site Status: Active
    DMOZ no listings
    Y! Directory: see listings
    Web Site Title: FXGMG
    Secure: No
    E-commerce: No
    Traffic Ranking: Not available
    Data as of: 21-Oct-2005

The domain record (which may not be entirely accurate, per that disclaimer) is slightly incomplete, missing the city and the area code. Both easily filled in, of course. 545 Metro Pl S, Dublin, OH 43017-1343 is a valid USPS street address... although it could be no more than a mail drop. And a reverse phone lookup on (614) 593-8455 does not show that number as currently in use... however, obtaining a full recent history of that number through the phone company is a simple job for your attorney or a law enforcement official.

I would suggest contacting the authorities in Ohio, in addition to the FBI, etc. They will be interested in looking into allegations of major financial fraud, even if merely facilitated within (rather than originating from) their jurisdiction. Especially supported by documentation such as you certainly have. Even if the above info initially leads to some small fish, a lower-level nominee operating out of a mail drop.

At the end of the day, to get your money back may require a substantial effort invested either by those you hire or by law enforcement. However, to get started, there should be a number of actionable clues and traces left by a business of this nature. Good luck to you.

#10     Feb 21, 2006