Global Macro Trading (runnermint)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by runnermint, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Which market are you referring to?

#41     Jun 21, 2013
  2. hi visaria, thanks for the interest

x is 5. so it was half of 1% on that trade. the swissy, euro and nikkei trades were made on 4hour time frame and they were purely technical plays

there isn't any compelling reason why i chose 0.5%. it's more of i'm comfortable with these limits

i'll also just mention i risk 1% on daily timeframe and 2% on weekly timeframe. i add my realized profits to the overall 5% risk limits as well.

just for further clarification, i trade trends. trends that are developed by events/data/news on short to medium term basis. on top of that, i take note of what's happening to an economy cyclically and structurally on long term basis as a greater overlay. i classify both as fundamentals

for technicals, it's just price and moving average. no price patterns, trend lines, formations, etc for me. i tried them before but don't find them effective for me

for market tone, how the market is feeling it. is it feeling better or worse? with that said, sometimes i trade because the price and market tone say so. i don't necessarily wait for all 3 to align then i trigger. i'm certain you guys have experienced trades where the market was just feeling it but fundamentals seem to say otherwise

also, i'd scale in if all 3 factors are aligned. i do not scale in if they don't

runnermint

#42     Jun 24, 2013
  3. 1 position outstanding:

short AUD

#43     Jun 24, 2013
  4. i think more selling would ensue. i will try to put together some data analytics to have a clearer picture of what might happen ahead. will post them up soon

not sure if you watched this, where david einhorn made some points similar to what you mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcfgfjwwaPM

you went short on which bond ticker? i wanted to short the 2y futures but damn, i'm just too busy over last and this week that i hardly have time to track the markets

yea, i agree with you. there's this uncertainty about when the market would turn up

#44     Jun 24, 2013
  5. short AUD
    short CL

#45     Jun 24, 2013
  6. short AUD
    short CL
    short JPY

#46     Jun 24, 2013
  7. AUD stopped out

short CL
    short JPY

#47     Jun 24, 2013
  8. took out CL and JPY positions, not feeling it. i dont like how nikkei and CL prices are reacting

#48     Jun 24, 2013
  9. short GOLD

#49     Jun 25, 2013
  10. short gold
    long soybean

#50     Jun 25, 2013